A special thank you for the administrators

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by slekjr, May 4, 2008.

1. slekjr

slekjr Member

I don't know specifically who to thank, but I have found out that the latest spammers lifetime on this forum was approximately 1 hour and they got flushed. That's pretty darned good for a Sunday morning. Thanks to all of you for such a great job.:thumb::thumb::thumb: It's too bad we can't retaliate.
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I was sitting here watching the news.. :D :D

You guys keep reporting them!!!

We'll keep Zappin' 'em!!! train97

T H A N K S!!!!!!
  3. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

There used to be a program called Blue frog that fought spammers directly it was quite a war really wonder if i can find a link I know wiki has it ...
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

There's nothing more satisfying than taking out a spammer and their spam before it has a chance to get cool. We are notified every time someone reports a post, so if we're anywhere near our computer, we'll respond.
    Keep reporting, this is one part of our job we love to do.:row1:train97train97
  5. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Yes, many thanks!

Without admins, there would be no forum,
    it would be just a big pile of

Attached Files:

• spam.jpg
      File size:
      13.1 KB
  6. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

The moderators are very impressive, aren't they. :)
  7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Thanks Peter.
    My head just grew another two inches........
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - Thanks Peter!!! Between the members and the firewalls here - we're pretty darn good at eliminating unwanted posts :D :D :D
  9. logicman

logicman Greybeard

I thought I'd bump this rather than start a new thread on essentially the same topic.

Could we please have a 'sticky' telling more people about the 'report' feature?

Also, just for fun, a monthly count of how many spammers got blatted.

There are people doing malware research who would make good use of such data.
  10. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I thought spammers had given up on The Gauge...I haven't run across spam in ages....Now I know why...

Thanks guys....
  11. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I second that. I am blissfully unaware about spammers on this forum but would like to recognize the threat when I see it.

Hey! You guys are like the Men in Black, protecting us humans from things we don't need to know about.
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I reported 2 possible spammers in the last month, at least one of whom the mods were already watching and winnowing.