A special thank you for the administrators

slekjr

I don't know specifically who to thank, but I have found out that the latest spammers lifetime on this forum was approximately 1 hour and they got flushed. That's pretty darned good for a Sunday morning. Thanks to all of you for such a great job.:thumb::thumb::thumb: It's too bad we can't retaliate.
Charlie

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I was sitting here watching the news.. :D :D

You guys keep reporting them!!!

We'll keep Zappin' 'em!!! train97

T H A N K S!!!!!!

RonP

Member of the WMRC
There used to be a program called Blue frog that fought spammers directly it was quite a war really wonder if i can find a link I know wiki has it ...

ezdays

Out AZ way
There's nothing more satisfying than taking out a spammer and their spam before it has a chance to get cool. We are notified every time someone reports a post, so if we're anywhere near our computer, we'll respond.
Keep reporting, this is one part of our job we love to do.:row1:train97train97

logicman

Greybeard
Yes, many thanks!

Without admins, there would be no forum,
it would be just a big pile of

Attachments

• spam.jpg
    spam.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 130

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Yeah - Thanks Peter!!! Between the members and the firewalls here - we're pretty darn good at eliminating unwanted posts :D :D :D

logicman

Greybeard
I thought I'd bump this rather than start a new thread on essentially the same topic.

Could we please have a 'sticky' telling more people about the 'report' feature?

Also, just for fun, a monthly count of how many spammers got blatted.

There are people doing malware research who would make good use of such data.

steamhead

I thought spammers had given up on The Gauge...I haven't run across spam in ages....Now I know why...

Thanks guys....

I thought I'd bump this rather than start a new thread on essentially the same topic.

Could we please have a 'sticky' telling more people about the 'report' feature?

Also, just for fun, a monthly count of how many spammers got blatted.

There are people doing malware research who would make good use of such data.

I second that. I am blissfully unaware about spammers on this forum but would like to recognize the threat when I see it.

Hey! You guys are like the Men in Black, protecting us humans from things we don't need to know about.

Pooh Bah
I reported 2 possible spammers in the last month, at least one of whom the mods were already watching and winnowing.