A sad day for Lafayette Railroad Relocation.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
They hit a gas pipe and blew up three houses. About a mile from our house :eek: Happily there were no deaths. There was a man and his baby burried and they got them out. Several hospitalized. No real details yet, as I got home too late for local news. My understanding, and knowing the area, these are all rentals, which is a double edged sword; they are less likely to have as much "stuff", but probably more people involved and they probably can't afford a loss. Pity to happen they day before thanksgiving. I hope the core of their families live elsewhere so they can still go somewhere for thanksgiving. The area was all blocked off when I dropped wifey off for work. It's about two blocks from the hospital she works at.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
According to todays paper it was 4 houses, not three. The guy they dug out sure looks happy. I guess compared to gettin dead, losing all your stuff is nothing. Everyone is out of the hospital and OK. I'm sure they could still use everyones thoughts and prayors as we thank God today for what we have.