A Run-by of the Local Turn

MilesWestern

I was trackside this afternoon, and Caught this local passing by me..

Up Front, an RS-1! I was suprised as they're usually stuck doing switching at LAUPT about 45 miles away. (Model Early Atlas/Kato)

Cars014.jpg

Next Was a Phillips 66 Tank car, LOOK at the wheel splatter and oil spilled oil! (Athear BB)

Cars015sm.JPG

A rare sight, an Milwaukee Road Reefer! Usually they don't deviate from their usual routes up north, but it's packing season for the Valencia's (Oranges) and the Packing Companies need all the cars they can get! :eek: (Accurail)

Cars016.jpg

An SP WOOD Reefer! Most of these have been re-re-re-built into those modern steel ones that I've been seeing recently, now they're all PFE, I'll bet this one only has a few month to live... :( (Athean SE, BB)

Cars017.jpg

This is a strange wood reefer..where's the number? CRGX doesn't sound familar, but it most be from up north, in the Fertile Columbia Gorge.. (Athearn Custom for the Columbia Gorge Model Railroad Club)

Cars018.jpg

MilesWestern

WOW! A BRAND-NEW SP Boxcar! :) It's getting harder to find clean SP cars these days, but there's rumors about all those steamers being scrapped for Diesels, I wonder if the tiger stripe paint scheme will ever be replaced? I heard something about "Black Widow" paintjobs, I wonder what that means... ;) (Branchline Trains Yardmaster)

Cars019.jpg

Here's an oldie! Look! It still has those weire inverted Dreadnaught ends and a little lumber door on the end! Look at all the heavy beating it's gotten over the years, how about that rotting going on on some of those boards! wow. (Roundhouse Kit)

Cars020.jpg

Looks like one of those Pre-war 1937 AAR boxcars...the paint doesn't seem to adhere very well..must of been a batch of bad paint. Seems like s coor car though! (1950's Era RAILLINE metal/wood boxcar kit!!)

Cars021.jpg

What a great paint scheme, I wish more of those came out west! (Athearn BB)

Cars022.jpg

MilesWestern

Looks like this one's been sitting outside awhile.. (Accurail)

Cars023.jpg

Wow! This one's seem alot of miles! (Accurail)

Cars024.jpg

A VINEGAR CAR! (old AHM)

Cars025.jpg

Sacremento Nothern w/ Aggregate load (Red Caboose)

Cars026.jpg

C&O War Emergency Hopper (LL P1000)
Cars027.jpg

A 1900-series caboose *(the only CORRECT prototype for this Athearn Caboose)
Cars028.jpg

N

nachoman

Some good looking weathering there. Are you cutting the trip pins off your couplers? I cut them off of mine, and use a bamboo skewer to uncouple. It works well as long as the car is within reach so that I can see the coupler!

kevin