A Road Trip to the Crossroads: Monon, IN, the "X"

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
You're welcome Ralph, you don't have the best teacher on the subt., despite hte name :D

Is this the X?

We'll know when I dig out a sattlelight image later :)

Ever seen a stop sign for a train? That's what it's for, there another behind the station for the crossing track, and no place for a vehicle,s o it must be a choochoo stop :)

Attachments

• theX.jpg
    theX.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 53

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
This is a Pizza King, across the street from the station. It's very significant to modeling IN, as nearly every small town has one. Lafayette must have 10 of 'em. Since they are not a competitor, I ignore their infringment on my PK trademark! A PK can be modeled inanything from a shack, to a modern strip mall store, to a full sit down restaraunt. The franchise was started by a fellow named Arnie, who stated it as Arnies. About ten years ago he sold the franchise off and seperated himself from it, keeping several Arnies is Lafayette. As a multimillionair, he could be found tossing dough at Arnies #1, up until his death a few years ago. He would also walk throught the joint and greet everyone, many by name. The Arnies by Columbian park serves the drinks by way of G scale loco, believe it or not.

Attachments

• pk.jpg
    pk.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 45

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Jon,

Great pictures as always. I have a question to ask you. I been thru
quite a bit of the forum this morning and all the pictures posted seem
to be cut off on the right side. Also some of the smiles are cut off
altogther. Is it my computer or is something still not up to power?

Ron

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Wyomingite said:
Hi Jon,

Great pictures as always. I have a question to ask you. I been thru
quite a bit of the forum this morning and all the pictures posted seem
to be cut off on the right side. Also some of the smiles are cut off
altogther. Is it my computer or is something still not up to power?

Ron

Thanks Ron!

I'm not sure why? Looks good on my computer. Are you using mozilla or netscape? There were some windows sizing problems that I reported to sketch. They seem to only be a problem with netscape or mozilla, and maybe ohter non- IE browsers. If that's what you are experiancing, you might try to increase resolution; that seems to work for me. You might take a screen shot and show it to sketch, andgive browser type, version and operating system type and version, if you can.