A real nice tressal bridge

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TrainClown, Mar 23, 2005.

1. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I was out by Moose Jaw the other day and came accross this.

Isn't that a plate girder section in the center?

This would make a nice model.

TrainClown ;)
  2. jcoop1

jcoop1 Member

Very Nice

I will have to find a place for something like that in my project

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Funny but I don't remember this trestle even though I spent a year there flight training at the RCAF base there, but then my interests were airplanes first and girls second in those days.
  4. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

that entire picture (the top one) would make a great scene on a layout. hmm..........naw, i'm shooting bigger.
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Wow, very, very nice. I mean both the bridge and the pictures.:thumb::thumb:
  6. galt904

galt904 Member

Do you mean like Lethbridge bigger?
  7. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

More like a bay bridge, eastern span type, looking at a corner of my area, and thinking of capalizing it as a brideg over water area, instead of detailing it. This in effect gives me the ability to place a 4' long bridge across the gap.

Something similar to this:
    Just the canilevered section left side of mimage to the first truss grider section.

This bridge is a double decked 6 lane highway on top, and the bottom was a 3 lane highway and 2 lane rail. it was later expanded to a full 8 lanes on top and 6 lanes on bottom with 2 rail. But this may be to much, so i might just do a 2 lane rail and 4 lane road on one deck but in same style.

Original cross section:

the bottom is the tunnel on the island that connects the east and west spans.
  8. XavierJ123

XavierJ123 Member

Wow, what a great pic! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to share your find with the gang. What's that ole saying, " A picture is worth a thousand words."
  9. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Hey Robin,

As it turns out, I was on my way to do a puppet show at 15-Wing air base and this bridge is right along the way about 2 kms from the base.

How about that? ;)

TrainClown :D