A real nice tressal bridge

TrainClown

I was out by Moose Jaw the other day and came accross this.

abf.jpg

Isn't that a plate girder section in the center?
abg.jpg

This would make a nice model.

TrainClown ;)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Funny but I don't remember this trestle even though I spent a year there flight training at the RCAF base there, but then my interests were airplanes first and girls second in those days.

galt904 said:
Do you mean like Lethbridge bigger?

More like a bay bridge, eastern span type, looking at a corner of my area, and thinking of capalizing it as a brideg over water area, instead of detailing it. This in effect gives me the ability to place a 4' long bridge across the gap.

Something similar to this:
obaybr3.jpg

Just the canilevered section left side of mimage to the first truss grider section.

This bridge is a double decked 6 lane highway on top, and the bottom was a 3 lane highway and 2 lane rail. it was later expanded to a full 8 lanes on top and 6 lanes on bottom with 2 rail. But this may be to much, so i might just do a 2 lane rail and 4 lane road on one deck but in same style.

Original cross section:
xsec.jpg

the bottom is the tunnel on the island that connects the east and west spans.

Wow, what a great pic! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to share your find with the gang. What's that ole saying, " A picture is worth a thousand words."

TrainClown

Hey Robin,

As it turns out, I was on my way to do a puppet show at 15-Wing air base and this bridge is right along the way about 2 kms from the base.

How about that? ;)

TrainClown :D