A real Bluebird

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Woodie, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

That all sounded just great until we got to the 3:00 AM part. Since I am supposed to be attended a conference when I get to Brisbane I doubt that I will be able to take that much time away from those proceedings. We'll see though, you just never know.

We leave for your part of the world in almost exactly four months. I'm sure it will be a wonder experience. I just wish I knew how to find the Aussie Warrant Officer who I worked with in Vietnam. He was a member of the RAME (I probably have that wrong... Royal Australian Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, I think). A fellow by the name of Lawrence (Larry) Smith ( now there's a real uncommon name!!!)

Anyway, I again am in your debt. Maybe someday I can start to repay you for all of your kindness and willingness to help me out.

2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

for pre-reference on Audtralian travel, check the book by Bill Bryson "From a Sunburned Country". He talks about where the trains do and don't go, along with a lot of other information.
  3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Woodie, great pictures.

Is the Puffin Billy train ride anywhere nere you??

Hey, there is something wrong with the film you are using Woodie:eek:

There is NOOOOOOOO white bits:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I'm sure there's something that we can do. I'll be living only 2 1/2 hr drive from Brisbane by then.

Puffing Billy is in Melbourne. click here I'm in Sydney (650 miles away).

Attached Files:

5. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Oh goodie, I'm planning to spend 4-5 days in Melbourne. I'll have to keep this train in mind. Is that you Woodie in the picture?

As we get closer to me coming to Brisbane and I have a better understanding of the schedule for the convention, maybe there would be an opportunity to get together. That would really be great.

How about a Gauge Convention? That would be a winner:D :D

Maybe figure out a time at one of the big meets for all of the Gaugers to have lunch together:cool: :cool: