a quick hi and update with good news

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
hi all been a long time from my last post . nothing changed on the layout. went and bought stuff for the new add on but it is still sitting their with the track in place and the new buildings in my work shop i had a little time lasti night to see where to start this weekend the frist thing is to get down into the train room. i been very busy with dr's for my son and just found out that they started the sugery faze of his treatment that might cure him from the deadly dissorder he has witch is called "canavan's". i also been working with the state of michigan humane society and a couple of dog trainers and with paws with a cause to get helping hands dogs for the kids.my son would be the fisrt to get one but that is some time away yet. it would be great to get back to the trains and get them running but their isn't 36 hours in a day only 24. well all i'll try to get something done this week end and post updates

here is a link about the surgery my son will have about the surgery

if you want to know more about canavan's
about canavan's

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Scooby,
Gee, I really hope your Son gets cured of his illness, terrible to see something like this to a Son or Daughter. I know how you feel because my youngest Daughter has MS and isn't very well at this moment, she has good times and bad.
Take care of yourself and do keep in touch

Shamus

chapmon

Dec 29, 2002
Longview, TX
Visit site
SURGERY

Hope your son does well with his surgery. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. The modeling can come later, but at least you have your priorities set right.

Good luck to you and your family.

Mike

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Thanks for the update Scoob!! You're continuosly in our thought here in Pa. as well....I know the worrisome feelings you have first hand as my 5 yr. old is diagnosed with Atrial Septal Disorder which is a hole between the 2 upper chambers of his heart. It causes the "clean" blood to mix with the "dirty" blood. Doctors want to wait another year to decide what to do about it. Either a catheter inserted into his heart and a type of "plug" blown into the hole (out-patient procedure) or worst case; open heart surgery.
Keep focusing on positives and being thankful for all the good things in life!!!

And do try to work on the railroad a bit...can't wait to see more pics!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
As our friends have said, I to will be thinking about you and yours and Praying for your son.
Like Shamus we have M S in our family.
My wife is now dependent on constant care. And is in bed most of the time and shakes a lot , so thats where I spend most of my time when not working.
Please keep us updated. and give him a hug from us.
:)

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys thinks for you prayers and thoughts with this surgery my son will have it is not only for his dissorder with the findings from it they hope to cure altimers, m.s , and other brain dissorders but only time will tell where they go with it out of all of the brain dissorders this one is the worst and the one that kills so fast most of the cases of s.i.d.s are being looked at agin from the late 60's to the late 80's..

but on a better note i did get into the train room last night and got to run some trains ( that feelt so good my mind was at pice for a couple of hours) till the water line over the new add one broke think god i had no land scaping done on it yet and i had fuses wired in. ]

dose any one have circuit plans for grade crossings and others i have some but have no boards to wire them up with went to radio shack to see if they had some and they had to order them and it could take 3-6 weeks but i got all the other stuff i ran out of when i was their and my brother gave me a big box ov electronic parts to use in building them it is the $$ thing that is why i will build all the circuits i will use

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
My heart bleeds for you and your family scoobyloven as you go through these trying times. You have a very positive attitude which will help you immensely as you support your son through his surgery. Having a hobby really helps to give you a little pleasure which I am sure is a big help.