A question...

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Something came up to me while I was in the.. bathroom. It's what it's called a bathroom idea!!! LOL

I'm starting this thread because I'm a very curious person. i would like to see a pic from where you live.

I Live in a place called Santa Iria de Azoia, near Lisbon, Portugal.
two pics:
the first:

Attachments

• viarara.jpg
    viarara.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 180

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Luis, I live in Milford, Connecticut, a very typical New England town. Here is a picture I took today of the falls behind City Hall. This is part of the Wepawaug River that runs through the center of town.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 133

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Here is a picture of the Washington draw bridge that connects Milford (Devon section) with the town of Stratford. This is the tidal section of the Housatonic River that comes in from Long Island Sound. Lots of fun in the winter when the bridge gets frozen in the up position. Happens frequently as coal barges feed the United Illuminating plant upriver.

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 127

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
This is the rail drawbridge on the north side of Interstate I95. It is just a little further upriver from my last picture. Never seen it up, the tugs and coal barges can get under it. Looks like it still works.

Attachments

• mvc-006s.jpg
    mvc-006s.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 113

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Not much, but here's some pictures from Marion's town square. The railroad no longer runs here, but Marion used to be a "railroad town" and to preserve some of that heritage, the pavilion (the building in two of the pictures) reused the roof and bricks from the depot.

Mar 25, 2002
Irún, Guipúzcoa - SPAIN
Visit site
Today is a nice and warm November saturday here, so I'd gone out for take some pics for you.
It's the first time that I use the "panorama stitcher" software for doing panoramic images, so maybe the results are not very good (you got big pictures, but loss some detail).

Irún, my home city, is in the North Atlantic spanish coast, just in the border with France.
Here you are seeing the three "sister" cities in the Spain/France border: in the right, across the "Río Bidasoa" (Bidasoa River), is the french city of Hendaye; in the far front, behind the airport and across the "Bahía de Txingudy" (Txingudy Bay), is the small spanish town of Fuenterrabía, old medieval fortified city very touristic; in the forefront and left is Irún. From this point, there are not enough elevation to see it, but the international rail facilities run across the middle of Irún and Hendaye, extending several kilometers, well past both cities. Part of it are the long buildings just in the center of the image, mainly visible at the bridge's left side.

(If you ask, in the yellow square is -more or less- my "home, sweet home" :D :D )

Irún was almost completely burnt in the spanish civil war and only a few historic buildings and monuments were left, so it's not of touristic interest. Instead, you can visit Fuenterrabía or San Sebastián, the province's capital, at 20 kilometers West of Irún. In this site you can go several "virtual tours" of San Sebastian, just press the button labeled "pictures" and select either Java or Macromedia as the visualization engine:

http://www.sansebastianturismo.com/ingles/indexi.htm

Attachments

• irún (a).jpg
    irún (a).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 81

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Luis and all,

I live in Stafford, Virginia, about 50 miles south of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Fredericksburg. The fall colors are nice and I took a couple of photos to show some of our "Natural treasures".

This is where I live in Stafford

Attachments

• our house.jpg
    our house.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 52

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
This is a shot from the passenger seat in our RV as we are driving north on I-95 towards DC. We were heading up to Pennsylvania for a funeral last week.

Attachments

• i-95 north.jpg
    i-95 north.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 51