A postcard from Florida...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
b28_82 said:
I made it alright too. All that was wrong with my place was the deadbolt lock was a little rusty probably from the rain going straight into the hole. I got power back on Sunday night. I think Shaygetz's area got it worse than my area. I'm still waiting for the cable to come back on so i can use the internet from home, but until then I guess i gotta use the work computer. I have pictures of some of the destruction to follow as soon as i get my cable back.

Good to hear you did OK Jake. Yes, we are pretty slammed but not as bad as Brewton, East Milton and Pensacola. Any word on the club layout? I don't figure anyone made it to the Dothan show either.

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Bob and Jake, glad to hear you guys made it through the storm alright. Our power was out for a day and a half, but we were really blessed not to have much damage. As for the Dothan show, I understand that its been postponed until December 11-12.

John

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Guess what, IVAN'S BACK! This time however, he's gonna dump several inches of rain this weekend over the TX hill country.
And what about Jeanne? It's a cat 2 w/winds of 105 MPH moving right toward the East Coast of Florida. And guess what? Once it reaches FL, it's gonna head up the East Coast through GA and the Carolina's. Prepare and hope for the Eastern track. That Eastern track will take it to where it SHOULD go, away from us. Tyson, if the current track holds true, you shouldn't get as much.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
As we hear in the News even here in Europe (!), Jeanne turns out to become one hell of a hurricane. After devastating Haiti, she's even gathering strength and speed and now she is turning towards the East coast of Florida - the fourth hurricane in a row! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey, you folks down in the South, you already got your share of catastrophes! I only wish that all of you who are in the path of that monster will be lucky and get away without much damage to your homes and, more important, to your health. It is a lousy feeling to see friends in danger, from a safe point far away, and we aren't able to help at all. I 'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you and pray for you (whatever you prefer).

And let us all hope to hear GOOD news from all of you down there real soon. Best of luck to you all and your families!

Ron

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Papa Bear said:
Bob and Jake, glad to hear you guys made it through the storm alright. Our power was out for a day and a half, but we were really blessed not to have much damage. As for the Dothan show, I understand that its been postponed until December 11-12.

John

Thanks, John, we'll probably see you In Dothan then.

Thanks, Ron, Jeanne appears to finally have made her turn North, away from us. You know it's gonna be a bad day when you wake up in the morning to find Jim Cantore and the Weather Channel crew setting up shop in your front yard. :rolleyes:

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Know what you mean Shaygetz.
Welll... the Corp of Engineers had been out just after Frances.
Put a tarp over the second floor, seemed ok. Then an article tells of them getting
very weak tarps. Hmmm... well ours didn't show signs of this. Tarp held thru Ivan...
Both times! These looping Hurricanes really :curse: .
Jeanne came thru... and came thru... and came thru. That tarp from the C.O.E. WAS
a bad one. They had put the tell (FEMA printed on it) facing down. Soooo... Now
that it is in big sailboat sail chunks we can see it. They're right... these noises at
night really do make it scarier. I didn't sleep much last night; kept looking over
things. Power went down a 7am and came back at 2pm-ish. I think FPL shut things
off just in case.
Looks to me like Jeanne is getting what the others missed.