A pleasant afternoon

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Woodie, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

This is on this afternoon, (and all weekend for that matter!)

Sydney's Annual Exhibition. A visual feast of goodies and ideas!

I'll just hand over the contents of my bank account on the way in, I think. The title deeds to the house, and the keys to the car! :eek: :eek:

I 'll let you know what I return with. :D
  2. RI541

RI541 Member

WOW thats some goodies under one roof.

Whad ya get??? whad ya get??? HUH???HUH???HUH????
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Woodie,
    Looks a great place to BUY BUY BUY, I can't do that as my House is my Bankbalance and the car is my OVERDRAFT. I could always sell the railroad and buy more :D:D:D

4. Topo

Topo Member

I'm lucky that in my area aren't such BIG Expos. I would have become Valium addict!! :D :D

Woodie, we are anxious to see your new adquisitions. And remember: don't hand over the computer (we would miss you). ;) :D :rolleyes:
  5. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Phew. I showed remarkable restraint! :eek:

Only bought 6 freight cars. 2 gondola cars, a cattle truck, and 3 grain hoppers. I intend to do the grain hoppers over in new V/Line livery. They're based on US prototypes, but fit the scene quite well. 2nd hand stuff, so I only came out of there about $30 poorer! :D SOme fab layouts though. HUGE ones! :)

Oh well, gotta wait til next year now. :(
  6. RI541

RI541 Member

$30.00 dollars???? Thats all???? Wow you either have seriuos reretraint or need seriuos medical attention:D :D :D :D
  7. Chessie

Chessie Member

Woody you spent only $30.00!
    The first show My son and I attended we drove 385 miles one way spent $400.00 on meals and lodging and still spent over $200.00 at the show. When we left I told him that we should have spent that on the layout instead of the show. That's what happens when you get caught up in the excitement.