A Place Called YORK

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

So I have decided to travel to the mecca of O gauge trains, York. I never thought I would even consider going but when I got my mailer to send in for the badges I said why not. I think it will be a nice experience since the only thing I want to do is look at all the trains.

I have heard so much about York over the past year I figured it was time for me to find out the truth about York. Most people only complain about their York experience, no phones, no cameras, no strollers no this or that. I wonder why they even go at all.

I only have the simple wish to look at all the trains and maybe see a few things to buy. I can't think of anything to complain about with so many trains at one location.

It might be cool to see if I can recognize some people from the OGR forum. I often wonder what they really look like after reading some of their posts. I wonder if they are anything in person as compared to their statements on the forums.

I plan on bringing my daughters and not really mingling with the crowd but view as many trains as possible. It should be a lasting experience for them learning about the train people.

I think my first visits will be to find the Lionel & MTH tables, hopefully get a chance to see some of the big shots or just see what cool stuff they have. I would like to see a full operation of the TMCC and DSC systems.

Well wish me luck on my first trip with all those crazy train people. I don't know maybe I'm crazy myself to make a day trip to this place called York.
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i wish iowa had shows like this,
  3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I'd love to go someday (need to check out Farquhar Park too--yes, it's really there) but it's a long, long way. Just the travel expenses would buy a lot of stuff. Maybe I could work York, a trip to Roadside America, and a trip to Doylestown (where my dad was born and grew up) into one vacation someday, although that's kind of all over a big state.
  4. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

York, took me a minute to realize that you were neither referring to my last name nor the NRM.

I hope you have a good time!
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Lets see doing some work so you can go to York? Thats sounds interesting. I think you are in luck Dave. It just so happens that is the time I have to clean the manure from the barn. You could come one day early and put in some hard hand work. It may be smelly and a little dirty but I think we could pay you something or send you home with some beef.:thumb:

It is a 2 1/2 hour trip for me so it's not a bad one day trip. I would like to stay there but that would reduce my spending money a lot.