A picture's worth a thousand changes...

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I went through all of my layout pictures this morning, deleting the ones that really aren't worth saving. I was surprised how far the layout has progressed in two years - but there's nothing like a picture to capture all the missing details...scenery inconsistancies...things that could be improved. It seems like simply looking at the layout hides many of the areas that really could be improved - the eye sees too much and misses the fine detail. So I was wondering - how do you guys discover and highlight those areas on your layout that need improvement?

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
The camera is a good tool for seeing things that the eye somehow misses. My new camera has proven very adept at finding cobwebs, or background distractions, but, generally, I'm all too aware of the stuff that needs to be done. :rolleyes:

Wayne

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I invite friends over.

John Allen took a picture of a friend's locomotive and said "Any place where you can tell that it's a model is an opportunity to improve your modelling." The friend was Cliff Grandt who then started Grandt Line.