Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Jan 2, 2007.
Please describe how you make the molds. Thanks.
look here its the tutorial of how he does it
David, I'm not sure if any pics went with the pdf I'll do a couple on the next mold. I kind of broke with the game plan in the 4th quarter here. I was and am still trying to do a part for part build, but sometimes the best laid plans of mice... Anyways, I worked on thru some details on the Maly. I placed the wings on and teh props and the landing gears and most of the small details until when I stopped, I almost have her done. It lacks the aerilon weight thingys, the canopy antannae and wire, and then it's done. Here's a couple pics... Landing gear and props..
Topside type view...
And the tail surfaces. Since they were separate I couldn't leave them in a neutral position, but due to the nature of the blocky separate surfaces they couldn't be deflected much...
Good idea on the deflection of the tail!
Thanks Gerardo. Well alittle progress on the orlik, The wing frames are finished finally. A few of the solid flat pieces needed trimmed to 1-2 mm off in some places. Everything else lines up ok...
Also the canopies came out alright, I decided to saw thru the segments of the Orlik so I can leave the door open on this one...
Of course the macro lens fault finder view,,,
And the other side...
Hate to tell you this man, but the lens has found no faults here! It looks perfect!
Hey I see it...... third rivet from the left is blurry..............no wait............... it was a smudge on the screen from my nose looking for a problem!:grin:
Wiped it off and everything looked peachy again..................8)
Man you are good!
Made my early shift getting an eyeopening start
I'll be damned if I can see any faults, truly.
You guys cant see that problem? open your eyes already. It doesnt have any wings!
Well it's been awhile/ abusy week. I've managed a few things on the orlik 109. A few of the smaller parts are shown here; the wheels, airscoops and aerilons.
Started skinning the wings also. The instructions have you skin the center piece first...
Then add the wheel wells to the skins, which I like alot better than glueing them to the frames/formers. That way relies too much on the designers skill and also the builders skill. If one or both are off this invites a misfit. Even when it is designed to glue to the frames, I carve a big fudge factor piece out of the area where the wells will sit and end up glueing them to the skins.
And the wings skinned and ready for the tips. And yes I see it too the center section is off color just a tad. One thing that might also help with wings, especially if it's a kit from a designer that you're now sure of, or even a Halinski, is to trim the wing former sections that go perpendicular to the chord, a little short. You should really preform, bend or fold the wings so all you have to do is just tack them shut at the trailing edge, and not have to bend them around those former pieces and stretch them to fit. This invites warping and all sorts of unwanted rib sections showing thru. When these edges are trimmed short, it allows a small amount of adjustment.
Not the clearest pic, but trailing edges sharp enough for a paper cut!
Separate names with a comma.