A paint scheme for the MV&P

How do you like the paint scheme?

• I'm not a big fan about the colors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kmorris

Oct 14, 2005
spoke too soon.... you posted the pic as I was replying.. that is going to look great!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles, I LIKE IT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: PAINT IT!!!:thumb: :thumb: ...OOPS!, i mean, LETTER IT!!!:D -Deano

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Looks good. To those who have suggested running long hood forward, to my knowledge none of the Western railroads ran long hood forward except possibly U.P. when the gp7 was new. I don't know as much about the U.P. as the Santa Fe and S.P.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Miles,Those will be sharp looking engines when you get them finish...Please oh please post pixs after those units are finish..:thumb:
I really like that blue.!:thumb:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Paint 'er up!!! That looks classic...almost in a MoPac way (which I always thought was a good looking paint scheme). Would you consider painting the cab in a slightly darker blue to highlight its placement?

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Russ Bellinis said:
Looks good. To those who have suggested running long hood forward, to my knowledge none of the Western railroads ran long hood forward except possibly U.P. when the gp7 was new. I don't know as much about the U.P. as the Santa Fe and S.P.

Santa fe, U.P., and SP all ran short hood forward. I try to have my road strongly influenced in design by the SP (at least equipment wise) and santa fe. I know that GN ran long hood forward, but not NP also.

Herc DriverPaint 'er up!!! That looks classic...almost in a MoPac way (which I always thought was a good looking paint scheme). Would you consider painting the cab in a slightly darker blue to highlight its placement?
Woah!! that sounds COOL!!! :cool: unfortunately, it would go unnoticed because if the dark shade of blue applied already and also it would probably go unnoticed after weathering. :( Love that idea though...I'll have to use it in my next aquisition! :) ;)

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
"...I'll have to use it in my next aquisition!
smile.gif
wink.gif
"

Well as of yesterday, my newest undec loco is......(drumroll)....ANOTHER ATLAS!!!

The RSD-4/5 to be exact! :thumb: she runs great, next: THE PAINT SHOP!!! :)

bounce7 YAY!!!bounce7

(Deano, now i'm an offical engine nut, I now have more locos then cars :eek:ops:)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
bounce7 YAY!!!bounce7

(Deano, now i'm an offical engine nut, I now have more locos then cars :eek:ops:)
...sob:cry: ...sob(tears of joy fall from eyes:D ), you COULDNT have made me PROUDER!!:thumb: :D . WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!;) tooth1 (looking at my collection:D )...feels GREAT, dont it!;) :D and just think, theres MORE to come:thumb:...now lets talk about putting sound in ALL those!tooth1 :D Miles, till next time...OH WAIT!, you ARE on track!tooth1 :D-Deano

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
UPDATE: I've decaled the locomotive, and represents MV&P's Third (of five ordered) GP7, #52.

Also to come: MV&P has aquired an undecorated RSD-4/5 from Alco, It'll become #48 or #49.

On the Horizon: Order has been placed by the War production board for an FTA unit, still pending as this is written! (I know, bad anacronism.)

Jan 15, 2007
Seattle, Washington
Haha, I must be an engine nut too...

Big Boy, GN F3 A-B and F7 A-B, 2x UP DD35, UP U28C, 0-8-0 UP steam switcher, and a GN diesel switcher on the way...as compared to about 6 rolling stock cars...sign1