A paint scheme for the MV&P

How do you like the paint scheme?

• I'm not a big fan about the colors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MilesWestern

I've thought for years about a suitable paint scheme for my fleet of locomotives. They're currently in "Patch" mode as we speak, because of this indecisiveness. :rolleyes:

So here is my new idea for a paint scheme. This particular one is for the GP7. This layout is set in the central coast of California in Mid-1950's, so keep that in mind. It was vaguely inspired by L&N E-unit's paint schemes, with the exact color used for this locomotive.

Here she is! :D

Attachments

• GP7r scheme.JPG
    GP7r scheme.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 350

caliban

Hi,

Very nice one! What about adding the stripes also to the rear end? Isthe roof the same colour? That would allow a nice weathering.

Tobias

BTW voted 'Yes, I like it'.

Triplex

For a scheme of this nature, I'd expect the stripes on one end - the front as defined by the direction of the cab interior. You've got that right.

I have no problem with the colors, and the scheme overall is convincingly 1950s. The one thing that looks wrong to me is the roadname. Maybe it's the RY. part of it? Since the name isn't short, maybe just putting MV&P on the side?

cnw1961

I voted for go to the paintshop, but now that Triplex pointed at it, I think you should skip the RY and everything would be perfect. Even the long roadname.

Relic

I'm guessin' that this is" your" railroad ? If so what do you think of runnin' her long hood ahead? Yeah with CN style spark arresters and a nice bell on the tip of the long hood/
be still my heart!

brakie

Drop the RY and add the nose stripe on the long hood because it would look better and locomotives run equally well in both directions especially in local service and start painting.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I was debating wether or not to pick, "AAAHHH MY EYES! THEY BURN!" because that is a great idea for a paint job. please don't make anymore, i don't want to be blind!

I had an idea for my own railroad, but i'm to afraid to put money into it, lol.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
brakie said:
Drop the RY and add the nose stripe on the long hood because it would look better and locomotives run equally well in both directions especially in local service and start painting.

Yeah thats a good idea to. I thought the GP7s were meant to run long hood forward anyway.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I'm with Brakie, cnw and triplex on this one.Drop the RY and add stripes to the long hood.
Other than that...It loos pretty good.

MilesWestern

New sides.

Here are six bew idea for the side of the GP7. The logo on the bottom left will adorn the nose of the locomotive, and the wings would be on the F-units, but I thoughy it might look good on the dside. Which one looks best?

Attachments

• gp7sides.JPG
    gp7sides.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 340

MilesWestern

Top left. simple omission of "Ry."
middle left the company's slogan
bottom left companie's logo

top right a subsidary o the MV&P
middle right :eek:ops: same one
lower right reporting marks BIG.

MadCoW1

MilesWestern said:
Here are six bew idea for the side of the GP7. The logo on the bottom left will adorn the nose of the locomotive, and the wings would be on the F-units, but I thoughy it might look good on the dside. Which one looks best?

Bottom left, the "wings" are cool. To The Paint Shop !!!

IMHO:thumb:

MilesWestern

Will Do! :thumb: I'm not sure which manufaturer I'm going to order it from, but it will be from Trainworld :cool: (Where else can a P2k GP7/9 be had for $40?)

Uh oh, more than one Miles...This could be comfusing! :D

MilesWestern

Well, it was another beautiful paint job by Cadillac_SD9! The Geep came out great, still need to decal it though! :( And as a added bonus, he painted one of my athearn switchers, and a couple of boxcars! :) Take a look, I'll post pics in a minute.

MilesWestern

The (almost) finished product

Here they are, and boy they look great, don't they? Alll I have to add is all the details now! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• #51sm.JPG
    #51sm.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 98