a new(to me) trick i heard about yesterday

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by NSES44DC, Apr 21, 2007.

1. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Thanks, Andrew. This makes sense -- it was probably the Bragdon kind that the guy at George's Trains was showing me (I couldn't remember the various brand names). Cheers, Rob
  2. Dayton

Dayton New Member

I was out of chaluk and needed to do some weathering. I grabed my daughters eye make up, it comes in all colors, and went to work with it. Came out great, only had to do 1 time and sealed it with clear matt. Stuff works great!
  3. repeters1

repeters1 Pete

Makeup weathering

If you use the makeup for weathering, can you still dull coat it?
  4. Grain Baron

Grain Baron A newbie to MRR

I agree with the use of make up. Lots of colour range, cheap, variety of brushes included. Easy to apply as well. I do have a concern about the results of any with oils in them, but I am assuming a proper coat of Dullcoat will seal them in and keep it looking good.
  5. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

I have used mascara to simulate grease & grime -- it works very well.
    If you want to simulate mud, as in splattered mud as would be say, under the fenders of a car or truck driven thru mud & having little chunks & splatters stuck to it, powdered tempra paint mixed with plaster of paris flicked on a dampened surface with a tooth brush gives an awsome effect. A coat of dull coat when dry seals it.
  6. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Here is an example of how that looks. Let me know what you think of it.

Attached Files: