A new member from a very little country

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Tonino, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonino

Tonino Member

Hi everybody. I'm Tonino, from Republic of San Marino (ever heard about it? It's a very little -independent- country in the center of Italy). I signed some time ago but never had the time to frequent a lot this GREAT place (two little sons are enough as an excuse? You can't imagine how hard is only to keep them out of my "modelling room"). Now I have a little more time so I'd like to be more present in this very active group..
    I am a "total" modeller. I mean I builded models for a long time and every kind of subject (planes, helicopters, ships, cars, tanks, buildings, figures...) and techniques (mostly plastic and wood). You can say I'm a sort of ... unsettled. Recently I discovered the world of paper models and it was love at first sight!!! Now I'm learning the basic but I'm enjoing my time very much. I like to modify slightly the models I buy and, with paper, is really funny to draw print and create new parts.
    Besides, when you have to keep your work away from children, it's very useful to have just few tools and your "work in progress" can be easily put on top of a bookcase.
    I'll try to build my image gallery with my first steps in paper model world. I have a couple of other things I want to share with you. You will find someone soon in the tools section.
    Well, it's all for now. Hope to have a lot to talk about with you.
    And... excuse my poor English... :oops:

2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Tony

Welcome aboard and have fun and we look forward to seeing your work soon. I have two ankle bitters myself who just love to get there paws on my models :lol:

Have fun

3. Ron

Ron Member

Tony, I have heard of it! I have also visited your country when I was a young teenager on holidays with my family. Welcome to the forums :)

4. shrike

shrike Guest

An advantage of coming from a tiny nation: If you convince two friends to build paper models, you can claim to have the world's highest number of paper modellers per capita.

Your English is better than many native-speakers, so feel no fear there.
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Yer, so ee da fink yor een-glish ain't no good; weaw, I can tell'ee, that roun yer, wear I da live, what yoo da talk like, is wot we caw, posh. I'ne from Bristle, see, ina Wesscun'tree, thasa bit ov da UK wot sticks owt into va AT-LAN-TIK, weem da talk like vis! Uver peepaw ina UK da laff atus, cos weem speek like vis ala time, an vey fink weer a bit simpaw ina head, like.

Ican tell e a story. Wunce moi fadder, oo werked up da BAC on Concore, e ada mate frum France, anee da tawk loik dat Hinspeter Cloosew ofda films like. E went to sum shops, theyda lissne to im speek, anay da fink e wos frum Swinun, wos a townin Wilshire, see. Maybee day weer a bit simpaw ina head afteraw...

Sew, done yoo ever apolojize for yor Enn-Glish, yoo ave takena truble to leern it proper like, anas good enuf fer me!

Tim P
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Welcome Tony. Not only have I heard of San Marino, I have been there several times during the late 70s. Nice place 8v) I have since lost 99 percent of the Italian I learned living in the Aviano area for three years. Only remember the curse words 8v) So don't worry about your English. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about conversing in Italian...or Danish...or German...or Russian...the other languages I use to speak but have since forgotten.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

Hello Tony,
    Warm welcome to forum!!

8. barry

barry Active Member

I hear it's a good tax haven pity I don't need one anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.