A neat thing to see!!!!!!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Saw this today in Fargo Nd just off of Main Street east!!! I was able to pull into a used car lot and take the picture!

Picture054.jpg

Don't see many of these anymore! I know they have at least 2 more in the Fargo Morehead area, one in BN green that looks a lot better than this and another in the New BNSF sceam!

Rick

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Meh. They rostered fifty-two in 2004 along with 122 other EMD switchers of three models. Anybody have more recent numbers than that?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I like it.
You don't see much of the old BN paint anymore especially on a BNSF engine.
Although I did notice some older BN cars mixed in with newer BNSF cars off on a siding today. Wish I had the ecamera with me. The new cars had the new "swoosh" logo on them.

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Cannonball, if you get into the Fargo/Morehead area of west Mn east Nd you see a bit of the old green and SF Warbonnets too.

I gotta remember to take my camera more often.

Rick

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
oldtanker said:
I gotta remember to take my camera more often.
I hear that.
I don't live that far from a rail yard and several sidings through the downtown area. Of course I never have the camera with me when I see something I want a pic of.

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Judging by railfan photos (which, admittedly, tend to focus on less common sights), BN and ATSF paint schemes are still very common. BNSF has to be one of the slowest railroads ever at repainting.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I usually catch a glimpse of a pair of those in BN green working together in the yards just south of Duluth off of 35 as I approach that city. On-ramps and other highway structures tend to get in the way and I only see them for a couple of seconds...even if I have my wife drive so I can ogle. :)
Ralph