A Massive Build Thread: Genre: Gundam

S

Soaring

Anyways, I've been busy lately, and will probably finish this Hazel. However, there'll be lost of modifications which will be done to it. For example, just the other day, I ripped off the side guards to the waist, and ankle.

On another note, does anyone notice the change of height in the picture? CAn you guess why this is???? :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 100_1913.jpg
    100_1913.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_1914.jpg
    100_1914.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 6
S

Soaring

Well, this sucks. Notice anything different about my shelf? Yeah, my papercrafts are gone, Vamoosh. Since I work in the kitchen, there are a lot of liquid items around the place. Unfortunately, the other day, my Older Brother after washing his hands, looked at me, then did a spider man imitation. The water splashed off, hit the craft. Oh yeah, he's tall :cry:

Now I have to start all over again >_> :rippedoff:

Attachments

• 100_1916.jpg
    100_1916.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1915.jpg
    100_1915.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 5

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Well that's bad news......... But since your models are uncoloured I guess the result won't be that bad -- or was it? I know from personal experience if you put water on models the worst damage would be done to the ink but not the shape itself...

S

Soaring

Yeah, the ink from the model made a wierd splutter. It still has it shape, but its a bit soggy...

S

Soaring

But I don't have anyother place to work :/

On the note of models: I've decided to start on EX-S's chest section.

S

Soaring

I give up! EX-S Is too hard! wall1:curse:

Eh, I'll just go onto finishing Hazel, then either Hi-Nu, Strike Noir, or a better Blizzaia, dunno... I'll post some pictures on whatever I start tahmurrah!

S

Soaring

Wow, Looks like I skipped a few months on this thread....
Not to fret, I have already started up some replans for articulated figures. I guess I'll restart with both EX-S and Hazel, hopefully I'll get a few joints into each :)

S

Soaring

Alright, another update, I salvaged a piece of EX-S, and did what I could. I "X-acto'ed" the thigh, and ripped a hole through it. I attached a cyliner and, boom, Thigh Rotation. I'll make it more official as I create the cylinders through Meta.

As for the REwork Of Hazel, I finished most of the gun. However I must say, I am
VERY DISSAPPOINTED at the designer. The strip connecting to the Gun handle is missing, not given >.>, and the Ammo on the gun is not even 3 Dimensional! For the great love of Chives, it's a strip of paper! Not even a rectangle -.- I guess I'll have to work that out by printing four times :/

Sorry for the horrible lighting on the last picture.

Attachments

• 100_2205.jpg
    100_2205.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_2206.jpg
    100_2206.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_2207.jpg
    100_2207.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_2208.jpg
    100_2208.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_2210.jpg
    100_2210.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 5

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Excellent work so far, Soaring! I love your innovation with the ankle and knee joints. I'm building a steel 1:8 Mad Cat mech, so I'm thinking of using your design for the ankle joints on my mech. :thumb:

S

Soaring

Thanks Millennuim!
When you say steel....do you mean, steel steel? Or Steel as in talking figurativly?

Alright, I ran out of batteries for my Camera, but I finshed the gun, and all I have to do is decal it.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
To be fair, if it weren't for the designer, you wouldn't even have a model to build.:cry: It's ok to mention faults or problems encountered, but to say that you're dissappointed with the designer like that is a tad out of order I think.

Did you pay for this model? Nope, bare that in mind. You can't always expect to have commercial quality in a free model.

I think ALL designers, good or not so good deserve credit for their efforts. ;)

S

Soaring

:cry::( You're right, sorry Mr. Designer .... :(
I guess I shouldn't be so hard.

I'll continue building
after I get home, I had to help my brother on his mission yesterday.

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Well that just comes across as sarcastic and insincere to me. I'm not even asking for an apology, it wasn't my model you were slating.

Model design isn't easy young man. A lot of time can go into it, and alot of effort! Seeing as you've not designed a model of your own yet I just think that maybe you need to tone down you comments regarding a designer.

I think I'll just unsubscribe from this thread. If that's the level of your maturity...

...I'm better off not reading what you have to say.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Calm down Skip, it's not like you saying that :D I'm just saying we should not deter junior members in this forum ^^

(Well actually I can't really say Soaring is younger than me... >_<)

S

Soaring

I'm sorry if I offended you Skip, and I am sorry about the comments I made to you Mechanicm8or. And that is all I have to say, as I do not want to cloud the rest of this with a conflict.

-Lex, I am younger than you, surely,
-Furthermore, I don't feel continuing my builds at the moment, but I'll start again as soon as I have time :)

S

Soaring

Whooo! Started EX-S On Thursday, and man was it fun :) Now that I enough ink, I think I can finish this. Anyways, here's the booster part.

Attachments

• 100_2239.jpg
    100_2239.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_2240.jpg
    100_2240.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 6