A Massive Build Thread: Genre: Gundam

S

Soaring

That's too hard :/ Ok, I'll try it :D I'll build EX-S First, then Hazel, then who knows.....

Hehe Lex, I like keeping my grades high :)

S

Soaring

xD Well, I think Thunder, you are the third different person who has posted here :) (First Me, Lex or Skip, then Lex or Skip, then you) :)

Now, as for the models...I'm not rich enough for a whole line of models :/ So yeah :D

S

Soaring

xD I'll start on my many...3 builds after finish my Math HW, study got gerund/particple/infinitive/ spelling test, Finish my Science Unit, and PV + PTT :D Might take me a few hours... :/

S

Soaring

Whew! Sorry it's been a few weeks! I was stuck on stuff...Hopefully, by the end of this week, I'll start on EX-S's waist, and get to Strike Noir's chest. As well, I hope to start the 2nd shield of Hazel

S

Soaring

Well, I'm on the Leg's on Hazel. I 'll post pictures in the morning! See ya all in 8 hours!

S

Soaring

Thanks Rob ^^

Alright, so it's been awhile folks, but time to start up again! I have a scienc project to do though...Oh well ^^ I just have to test it ^^

Anyways, after I finish my shower, Which will be like in 10 minutes, I'll start up on Hazel Gundam! Hopefully, I'll build this guy and finish in two weeks....Keep on the watch, because I'll include some Tips/ Tricks/ Everything in between for Hazel, since there are no instructions for him ^^

S

Soaring

Hazel~

Alright, here's the progress so far. On the mirror leg, I'll show instructions ^_^ So keep on watch!

Oh yeah, I used the pepakura model for this, instead of the JPEG.
If you want the model to have decals, use the JPEG
If you're a person like me and prefers Clear prints, use the pdo file.

Attachments

• 100_1663.jpg
    100_1663.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 10
S

Soaring

Well, I'm going to test the joints and post pictures on Thursday ^_^ I'll work and finish this baby on the vacation :eek:

S

Soaring

Yup, no decals o_O Only because the pages with decals are low resolution :S

S

Soaring

Percentage of builds:

EX-S = 45 %
TR-1 Hazel - 49 %
Strike Noir = 11 %

-----
Scratch build projects:
Zeta: Planning stage, Idle
RX-79: Template phase, On hold

Timelines to keep:

Hopefully, by Maybe at the Earliest, Friday, I'll be at 50 % with Hazel. If not, then on Saturday. Over the weeks vacation, I'll continuse with Hazel and see how far I'll get. I wanna say...Feb. 25 finished model...

As for EX-S *Low whistle*
I'll continue that this March

Strike Noir, I'm learning alot from this model, especially the joints, but I'm keeping it on hold for a few... ^_^

*Keep your eyes peeled for Hazel Joints o_O*

S

Soaring

Hazel Proto Joint 1

Hazel Test joints:

Well, this is preeeeety Simple, easy to do. If you have time, you should try it with those static models o_O

-Cut a sizable square from your A4 paper or Cardstock, preferably cardstock. Score lines, leaving an equal interval

-Fold lines
-Attempt to create a round cylinder
-Glue the ends
-Paste them onto the location where the joint bends.

Eh, I don't think anyone got me there ^_^ But Oh well, this is only a prototype implanted joint.
I'm going to test the joint added with the thing that seperates the leg and shin... Possibly, I want to have three points of articulation in this Section ^.^

------If you have no idea what I was talking about, just examine the pictures ^.^----

Attachments

• 100_1682.jpg
    100_1682.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1683.jpg
    100_1683.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1684.jpg
    100_1684.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1685.jpg
    100_1685.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_1686.jpg
    100_1686.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Soaring, you're building these lightning-speed...... BTW do you plan to give it a paint job after finish? Or do you prefer to leave it as it is?

S

Soaring

Lightning speed? Either Lightning speed has gotten slower, or, I'm just a slow slug ^.^

Lemme guess, do the lines bother anyone? The white ones?
I want to paint over them, but I fear I will not be able to...

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Hey buddy. Am I right in saying there aren't any joints as part of this model, that you are in fact modifying the model to get movement??

One word, OUTSTANDING!!!! Well done buddy for taking a kit a little bit further. ;)