A major warning for Labor Day weekend

stay safe down there guys. the storm is messing everything up right now. i was listening to Fox news all night on my XM radio and it doesnt sound good at all.

now for the bad news (can it get any worse?) there is another tropical storm growing into a hurricane out in the Atlantic that might take the same track as Francis.....

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Seen it on the news here. Bit wet, blowy and batten down dem hatches!! Get ya self a new hat pin and a belt for them loose britches too, cause that wind is gunna blow, and that rain is gunna pour!!

And if ya can all huff'n'puff out the window a bit, and see if you can blow some of that rain this-a-way. We sure could do with it.

Hope all are OK and, come throught it unscathed.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I did a little PM'ing with a member decided to share:
Got a little nasty at times. Had to redo the
tarp on our roof. Me and my Dad ended up wetter than a fish. Rain blew up our backs, it got cold. Lost power for a few hours, and the lights have a low power blink at times. It's the ramp up that they give on occusation that worries me. That could cause things to blow up. Just wish the Weather Channel would talk about us getten beat again; at least Desoto County. They still got people that got tents only to live in. Guess were past news, gotta talk whats now, forget the past.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Is the worst of it over for you, Ken? They keep changing the track, so I guess I'll know when it's coming in my front door. And then...there's IVAN :rolleyes:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
b28_82 said:
Yeah hopefully it doesnt ruin our run nite on tuesday. Hopefully its calmed down by then and we are able to go to the club to "play trains"

We'll just put a decoder in Ray's new bionic knee and make him reschedule it :p :D :thumb:

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
Frances (as you know) is going to make landfall on the panhandle tonight. It should go west of Atlanta and affect E.Alabama tomorrow and be a depression. It should dump tons of rain on the Appalachians so Tyson is in line to get rain & some wind out of this system. It'll affect Eastern and Middle TN as well as the Northeast and the Mid Alantic.

Now about Ivan. Ivan already looks like serious business as it is racing over the Alantic to the Barbados area in 36 hours or less. It's already a Cat 3/4 storm and gauging it right now, it should hit basically the same area Frances did, if not closer to Miami sometime Sunday. The good news is that the path takes it over Hispanola and it could weaken a bit.