A major purchase for the SSR.

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by kokoracer, Nov 5, 2009.

1. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Hello everyone!

Have not posted here in quite some time. Lots going on. I have recently added another 15 feet of track. Had to oversome obsticles ie a sink, washer and dryer. The new track will enlarge my layout to run the entire lenght of the basement. I am going to have to block the layout because I think that I have reached the limit of my current power supply, a Railpower 1370.

Bought a new cell phone with a camera. Will be posting pics as soon as I can get an adapter for it.

Now for the question. I am going to be buying a large quantity of equipment from a friend for pennies on the dolllar. Much is NIB.
    I intend on culling the useable stuff, ie stuff that fits into my layout.
    I then plan on moving the rest and hopefully turning a profit.

Any ideas on how to figure fair market value and then move it out quickly?
    I am going to try to avoid ebay.
  2. Trainiac77

Trainiac77 Member

Use eBay to get the pricing and then sell it on craig's list better yet sell it here on Zealot
  3. Sawdust

Sawdust Member

I agree with Trainiac77. You can also check the internet hobby sites & look your items up to see what they are selling for. Sounds like you got some good deals.Congrats!
  4. kokoracer

kokoracer Member

Now the fun begins!!

The purchase came in today and I got a better deal than I thought. Now I have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Lots of passenger stuff which I will move. Some Amtrak, some Pennsy and some western roads. About 15 or 20 locos, ranging from NIB to runners to fixers and parts. Mostly western roads and many large 6 axle locos.

If there are any members in the Western Ma. or Northern Ct. who have experience, I could use a hand with this. I will gladly make a donation for fuel and will supply coffee and pizza.

Contact me at kokoracer@gmail.com Thanks John