A Little Worried

Kanawha

Apr 1, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I ordered a Broadway Limited Heavy Mikado from Trainworld. They said it was on backorder and would ship out as soon as they got it back in stock. They didn't know how long it would be, but I've ordered things on backorder in the past and they were delivered about a month or two later...no big deal. However, out of curiosity I called Broadway Limited and asked them when they were shipping to retailers. They said that they had no Heavy Mikados in stock and no plans to make any more Heavy Mikados for at least a year. Now I'm confused. If Trainworld doesnt have them in stock, and the factory isnt making any more, where is my locomotive coming from? :cry:

I called back Trainworld and they said it would ship in 30-60 days, which is fine. But where is this phantom train originating from? Does it take two months to ship stuff from Florida (where the factory is) to Trainworld (in New York)?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
There may be a supplier(middle man)that they go to that gets stock from somewhere,just keep in touch with them I guess.I never order anything on backorder because I can't stand the not knowing part.

Chris

J. Steffen

Feb 3, 2007
Hemet, SoCal
If the manufacturer doesn't plan on making them, the retailer just might not know and hasn't followed up with the distributer. Call the retailer back and cancel the order if your worried.