A Little Tribute To Spitfire

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Drew1125, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Ok, here's the deal...
    I'm trying to incorporate the names of as many of my Gauge friends as I can into my little N scale coal road...
    So this one's for you, Val!:D

The "ficticious history" behind this one is that the Poor Fork Mining Co, at present, only owns a couple of boxcars...this is one of them....this aging wooden boxcar was acquired from another eastern Ky shortline, the Versailles, Albany & London Ry (VAL ;) )
    Its road number is 703. (7/03 was the date Val swept the kitbashing contest at the NMRA convention :D )
    So, Val, this is just my way of getting your name on my layout, (hope you don't mind :) ) & giving you a little congratulations, & say thanks for being such a positive force here at The Gauge, & a big inspiration to me, & I suspect, a lot of others as well!

This car started out as one of those Bachman "old time" frieght cars...it's been slightly modified...I added MT archbar trucks & couplers, painted, lettered, & weathered it.

Attached Files:

2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Wow! That is cool Charlie and quick too boot. Neat story too....:)

3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good idea Charlie:cool:
    And I love the car,,,,,,,
  4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

She's Worthy...

Excellent!:) A FINE tribute from one FINE modeller to another. How very fitting!:)
  5. philip

philip Guest

another eye popping model

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice Charlie, the Baroness will be proud I'm sure! :cool:
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
    I'm having a lot of fun coming up with ways of getting as many Gaugers' identities as I can on the layout.:)
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Nice work indeed Charlie.
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks Shamus!

I've got some prime real estate reserved for you on the layout...I just haven't gotten around to the model-building part yet!:eek: :D :rolleyes:
  10. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great weatherin', Charlie, and what a nice way to honor the honorable baroness!
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Very thoughtfull. Val is sure worth it and I am sure she appreciates it.
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow, Charlie, I am tickled! Don't quite know how I missed this thread, but I've found it through a link from your photography one. Being represented on your layout as an old-fashioned wooden boxcar that has seen better days suits me to a T - LOL! And a shortline at that - perfect - I'm 5'4"!

Thanks too for the kind words. Your work has inspired me from the moment I joined the Gauge - you set standards I try to hold myself to.

So thanks a lot my friend!

13. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

You're very welcome, Val!
    Glad you like the boxcar!
    I've really has a lot of fun naming things on this layout...on my previous project, I had the names of my 4 daughters on various structures on the layout, so this time around, I decided to pay tribute to as many of my Gauge buddies as I could, & that certainly includes you!!:)
  14. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Clever idea Charlie and nicely done!