A Little Tribute To Spitfire

Drew1125

Ok, here's the deal...
I'm trying to incorporate the names of as many of my Gauge friends as I can into my little N scale coal road...
So this one's for you, Val!:D

The "ficticious history" behind this one is that the Poor Fork Mining Co, at present, only owns a couple of boxcars...this is one of them....this aging wooden boxcar was acquired from another eastern Ky shortline, the Versailles, Albany & London Ry (VAL ;) )
Its road number is 703. (7/03 was the date Val swept the kitbashing contest at the NMRA convention :D )
So, Val, this is just my way of getting your name on my layout, (hope you don't mind :) ) & giving you a little congratulations, & say thanks for being such a positive force here at The Gauge, & a big inspiration to me, & I suspect, a lot of others as well!

This car started out as one of those Bachman "old time" frieght cars...it's been slightly modified...I added MT archbar trucks & couplers, painted, lettered, & weathered it.

Attachments

• mvc-002f.jpg
    mvc-002f.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 306

Drew1125

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
I'm having a lot of fun coming up with ways of getting as many Gaugers' identities as I can on the layout.:)

Drew1125

Thanks Shamus!

I've got some prime real estate reserved for you on the layout...I just haven't gotten around to the model-building part yet!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

spitfire

Wow, Charlie, I am tickled! Don't quite know how I missed this thread, but I've found it through a link from your photography one. Being represented on your layout as an old-fashioned wooden boxcar that has seen better days suits me to a T - LOL! And a shortline at that - perfect - I'm 5'4"!

Thanks too for the kind words. Your work has inspired me from the moment I joined the Gauge - you set standards I try to hold myself to.

So thanks a lot my friend!

cheers
Val

Drew1125

You're very welcome, Val!
Glad you like the boxcar!
I've really has a lot of fun naming things on this layout...on my previous project, I had the names of my 4 daughters on various structures on the layout, so this time around, I decided to pay tribute to as many of my Gauge buddies as I could, & that certainly includes you!!:)