A little town in France

TerryR

Construction has been proceeding and it's starting to look like it might be a village one day :)

Any suggestions for a name?

Attachments

• village01.jpg
    village01.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 179

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My suggestion for a name is "Valadilene" a French village in the
great computer game called Siberia.

Pooh Bah
Put a men's convenience in the street outside the church and call it "Clochemerle". (Am I both obscure and dating myself?)

RailRon

Hi Terry,

this is really a beautiful little town you are building up. :cool:
My suggestion - call it just that: "Beauville" = beautiful town.

Ron

TerryR

Thanks all for your kind words.

David,

>"Clochemerle". (Am I both obscure and dating myself?)

I'm afraid you might be at least one of those :(

Cloche is a bell (or a tramp / bum)
Merle is a blackbird

That doesn't help much :confused: :)

Pooh Bah
Terry: there was a series of novels, in the 50s?, considered slightly risque at the time, about a little town in France, named Clochemerle (both the town and the novels). The main plot of the first one was about rivalry between the mayor and the priest. The mayor had a gentlemen's convenience erected in the main street just outside the church.
Sorry, I can't remember the author.

Drew1125

Hi Terry!
Regardless of whatever name tou settle on, this village you're working on is an exquisite piece of workmanship!
Are these paper structures?

RailRon

David, the novel was written by Gabriel Chevallier.

Terry,
since you seem to know French...

I just remembered having seen an article in MR a loooong time ago about an American woman, who constructed a layout which a French theme. (No, sorry, couldn't find the exact issue. :( )

I almoust doubled over then from a fit of laughter, because she called one of her towns 'Mer d'Alors' = (Engl.) 'Sea of Alors' - whatever 'Alors' in that case might be.

(Oh yeah, it's spelled exactly like 'merde alors' which can easily be translated in English as a simple four-letter word, beginning with SH..:D :D :D )

Now if you prefer a name on the more frivolous side of the French language... ;)

Ron

TerryR

Now I'm going to have to build two villages - Mer d'Alors and Clochemerle :)

No, wait, I already have plans for an industrial park - that can be Mer d'Alors and the village can be Clochemerle. I had planned for a church in the village and I think an iron "pissoir" would be an excellent adition :)

Charlie, they are paper structures of a sort - the paper is glued to sheet styrene and then I build the details over the top of some of the printed things (if you see what I mean!) I also cut out the windows and doors and glue a sheet of clear plastic to the back and then another copy of the printed picture on the back of that to give the windows some shine and depth. For the doorways, I also cut through the clear plastic so they are deep but not shiny. These particular buildings will only be seen from the front so the other three sides are just plain foamcore.

Lighthorseman

Parc Industriel Mer D'Alors...

N'oublie pas d'incluire des accidents partout...Quelques examples...une camionette sans roue, une grande pile de sacs tombe a terre, peut-etre un accident vehiculaire dans un intersection, des choses comme ca.

Juste une idee...:)

spitfire

C'est trs beau!

Oui, et il faut que vous avez un homme sur sa bicyclette avec une grande baguette dans le pannier, n'est-ce pas?

FŽlicitations pour votre formidable maquillage!

salut!
:D Val

TerryR

Clochemerle has been undergoing a bit of an expansion.

Excuse the funny looking sky - I was playing with my new air brush and I don't quite have it figured out yet :confused:

Attachments

• cm01.jpg
    cm01.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 34

TerryR

Of course, the citizens are most proud of their railway station...

One of these days, I'll set up some proper lighting...

Attachments

• cm02.jpg
    cm02.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 35

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
The additions look very good Terry. Would like to see interior pictures of that beautiful train station.
As far as the sky goes, it looks like a storm is brewing.