A little something different

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

We don't seem to get many motion shots so I thought I would try one (still playing with this new camera instead of working on the layout like I oughta). :p

Attached Files:

2. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Neat, Tyson.....

Bill S.
  3. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Cool, Tyson!

So...enlighten me here a little bit. You can adjust the exposure rate on that camera?
  4. Tyson Rayles

No Rory, but the way I understand it most of the digital cameras (except maybe the real high $$$$ ones) have a slower shutter speed then the normal camera all things else being equal. While the train in that shot looks like its flying it was probably doing about a scale 30 mph. May try the shot again with the train creeping to see what I get.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Tyson,
    Thats a nice idea getting photo's of things on the move. With the old 35mm it was easy to do that just by having the shutter open for 2 seconds and moving the camera on a tripod. With digital, in my case anyway, the camera looks at the subject when the button is pressed and remembers what it saw, then takes the picture. This is why I have to fool the damn thing now and again if I want a special photo.

Shamus
    [​IMG]
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That's really cool, Tyson!
    I don't think my camera will do any kind of slow exposure...I haven't reall tried it out, though.
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Nice Shot tyson!!! :D

~~ Ngauger
  8. That's a neat idea, Tyson. I may have to do some experimenting with movement also.

My digital has a full range of shutter speeds as well as aperture settings, but most of my layout photos are in the 1/2 - 2 seconds exposure range. So I'm thinking I wouldn't need much movement at all to show motion.

Let us know how your experiments with the "creeping train" go.
  9. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Very kewl Tyson.

In the immortal words of that kid on TV, "zoom zoom".
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Something ventured, something gained. Nice shot Tyson!
    Pete
  11. Tyson Rayles

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. :D
  12. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Hmm.... Yup! Really Kewl!!:D :D