A little something different

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
No Rory, but the way I understand it most of the digital cameras (except maybe the real high $$$$ ones) have a slower shutter speed then the normal camera all things else being equal. While the train in that shot looks like its flying it was probably doing about a scale 30 mph. May try the shot again with the train creeping to see what I get.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Tyson,
Thats a nice idea getting photo's of things on the move. With the old 35mm it was easy to do that just by having the shutter open for 2 seconds and moving the camera on a tripod. With digital, in my case anyway, the camera looks at the subject when the button is pressed and remembers what it saw, then takes the picture. This is why I have to fool the damn thing now and again if I want a special photo.

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's really cool, Tyson!
I don't think my camera will do any kind of slow exposure...I haven't reall tried it out, though.

That's a neat idea, Tyson. I may have to do some experimenting with movement also.

My digital has a full range of shutter speeds as well as aperture settings, but most of my layout photos are in the 1/2 - 2 seconds exposure range. So I'm thinking I wouldn't need much movement at all to show motion.

Let us know how your experiments with the "creeping train" go.