A Little More Progress On The MTC

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I’ve gotten a little more done on the layout since I visited here last…

I’ve actually got scenery at both ends now!

That last shot is the most recently completed…here’s what it looked like just a few days ago…

2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

WOW!!, first two pics are slap OUTSTANDING Drew!:thumb: :thumb: :D last pic looks like your REALLY coming along!:thumb: GREAT WORK!:D -Deano
  3. R. MARTIN

R. MARTIN Member

Drew, the photos look great! How are you creating the ground cover?
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! :)

I use a bunch of different stuff for ground cover…A lot of it is natural…sifted dirt, ground up leaves, small twigs…I also use broken up bits of plaster that I paint to look like loose rock, & lately, I’ve started mixing wood ash with sifted dirt, & using that for ballast…I use bailing twine (jute) to make tall grass, & of coarse, there’s plenty of Woodland Scenics ground foam in there, too
  5. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Love that little kettle smokin' & steamin' its way over that gorgeous trestle, but I bet that dude on the flat car is in violation of OSHA rules regarding proper operation of a RR...!!!

Gus (LC&P).
  6. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Drew, great photos... thanks for sharing. Your little lokey, trestle, and scenery are all AWESOME !!!

7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

No wonder your scenary looks like the real thing Drew..it IS the real thing! Nice work!
  8. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Nice to see more of your work Drew. Looking good!
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks guys! :)
    Here's another shot of the same area...this time the climax is waiting to push a load of logs up the line to the storage pond...
    I'm wanting to build a lumber shed in the area to the right where the siding is...

Attached Files:

10. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Great stuff Drew! The trees look great. I especially like the deadwood sticking up through the greenery - something you see in real life, but not often modelled for some reason. The ground cover is outstanding :thumb:

11. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

WOW! That really looks good.
  12. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Nice work Drew I like the grass in between the track we have some abandon track that looks just like that. If I hade the room on my layout for abandon track I would love to copy that.

Thanks for sharring.
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Good Drew.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

I really love the locos....but why should I single them out. Everything and I mean Everything is just beautiful and looks "right"!
    Of course you know....I will be stealing all your ideas!sign1

keep up the great work and keep posting those awesome pics:thumb:
  15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks guys! :)

More timber makes its way across the Dawg Fork Trestle...

16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow - looks great Drew!! I can almost smell the creosote and hear that whistle! :thumb:

17. brakie

brakie Active Member

Good job! :thumb: I like that "tea kettle"..:thumb: :D
  18. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Wow, Drew... that last shot is fantastic !!! Great modeling and photography.