A little Macross/Robotech

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by ThunderChild, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Thanks to the diligence of the admins, it looks like we can upload pics again! Thanks guys, you're awesome! :thumb:

So I really got hooked on the tiny models. Here's my latest SDF-1. Hope all likes! :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

*after gathering Jaw from floor, and mopping up drool*

Um, may I humbly have a copy of that, please? That rocks Cool Beans Awesome, and i would LOVE a copy. :)

Many many Thanks :)
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I've got one of those big inflatable fingers too! That really is awesome, all kidding aside, and you never have to worry about it taking up a lot of space!
  4. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

Dude, that's really small. I'll go blind if I try pulling something like that. :thumb:
  5. teckno viking

teckno viking New Member

What!! how the hell did you do the two versions of the SDF-1 that SMALL???
  6. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

When you see it.....

Thunderchild. Do you see it?

Also thanks :)

644032_10151262483970754_381813980_n - Copy.jpg
  7. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Micro SDF-1

Thanks ThunderChild. Hope I did it Justice :)

8. ThunderChild

Yep, I spotted it. Hahaha.
    Looks awesome DR! You did an amazing job with such a little model! :D
  9. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

All of you who make these "MICROMACHINES", always blow my mind with your work.
    I am always AMAZED at amount of detail that you are able to put into these models at this scale, and have them look the way that you do.

I (humbly) take my hat off to you, sir.

10. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Maybe 40 years ago, I could give you guys a run for your money, I was into micro models way back then and my favorite scale was 1/72. But now, it just hurts my eyes to be able to build so small. Great job on your skills and ability to manipulate those small parts with your fingers.
  11. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

I can pretty much gauge the decline of my eyesight by the timeline of me switching scale of model builds, early teens 1/144th, mid twenty's 1/72nd, early thirty's 1/48th, and now I'm thinking of going up to 1/32nd but it's too expensive.
  12. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Guild ship from the Movie "Dune"

I know it's not Macross/Robotech, but it DEFINITELY is small. Here is my latest "Micronized" build. The Guild ship from the Movie Dune. about 1 1/2 inches long

13. johanvanacker

johanvanacker Member

Q: When you are building on a smaller scale, do you finish quicker because you need to cut and glue less ?
  14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

it's about the same amount of time, because even though you need to cut and glue less, the pieces are ALOT smaller, and handling them is a tad more difficult.
  15. ThunderChild

Cool build man!
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Beautiful build of the guild ship.

You always blow my mind away with how small some of your builds are.jawdrop
  17. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Thank you for your kind words, I actually enjoy building smaller than larger.
  18. madduc1098

madduc1098 New Member

holy c%$^, got eye strain just from looking at it. never could build that small major props to you!!!!
  19. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Thank you, but like i said, im better smaller ;)