A Havelock shunt day

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by interurban, Jun 18, 2004.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Had three days fishing up at the trailer, now there is always time to drop into Havelock just to see IF there is anything going on :rolleyes: ;) :thumb:
    I was in time to enjoy the C P lads doing a bit of switching. :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

It was a real treat I only wish the station was alive as well :cry:

Attached Files:

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Boy Chris your modeling just gets better and better! Looks like the real thing! :rolleyes: :D :D :D
    What happened to the spider webs that are usually hanging over your locos? :eek: :D :thumb:
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Ty,, I swept through with a swifter :p :D
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Great shots Chris!!! You are a very busy man with the camera - good for you!!! I love those covered hoppers!!!

6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great shot Chris. It is funny how those spur tracks look so sharp coming off the main.
  7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great action photos Chris. Sure pleased you took the sidetrip to Havelock
  8. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Cool action shots! How long did it take the crew to set out and pick up those cars?
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Ralph, they were working when I arrived within 15 min they had sorted the freight out as the last shot show the units backed up , they sure power them up!! :wave:
  10. Diesel John

Diesel John Member

Great shots Chris

We just pulled over a dozen cars out of the bush last week, they were hard to lift as they were right in a rock cut.
  11. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

I always find it amazing the amount of traffic that gets generated out of Havelock. Where does it come from? There used to be a fair bit of iron ore shipped out of their but that mine was closed down some years ago, although the tracks are still in (you cross them about 2 km east of Havelock.

Hard to believe that this was the original CPR main line (the Ontario & Quebec Railway). You can still see a lot of the roadbed as you travel along Hwy 7 between Havelock and Glen Tay. There's even supposed to be a couple of cabooses (cabeese?) along the way that are used as cottages.

Hard to believe those GP9s are still in use. Anything heavier and the rail might crack.
  12. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

I think those are GP38's....
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks guys.

Bob the mine is at Nephton, it is still active they produce Nephomite(spell?)
    Used in Ladies Make up, stockings, all sorts of "stuff". They tell me there are only three mines like this in the world .

John they had to pull a lot of hoppers out of the ditch last year to, I posted that last year??
    Must need major track work.