A Great Idea for a project!

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by framebuffer, Sep 21, 2006.

1. framebuffer

framebuffer New Member

Hello there!

I recently played a Game called Kingdom Hearts for PS2. I Liked the Art Direction very much and I always imagined making paper craft of the models.

Guess what? I was surfing the net and came across this blog:

This awsome guy has created a model extractor for the game!!! I will go home today and will try to extract some models. He also has extractors for Final Fantasy X and X2!!!

If it works, we'll have these models in no time! We all know what to do next. I will use pepakura to convert them into paper craft.

The only problem is that I dont have enough time. But I will try to do my best and I will also try to upload the models for those who dont have the game. I need to go and buy FFX though.

I am also thinking about making paper craft models for Half-Life 2:

Ok, lets not get too ahead of ourselves here. I'll start with kingdom hearts 'cause I have the game. It has almost all disney models! We've hit the jackpot.

Will keep you posted,

Attached Files:

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

These are only viewers. He removed all ability to extract the models after the games developer game him the non-permission letter to stop.

As for HL2 you may have issues with getting the paper models to work since they are not very 'low poly'. The mesh you get from importing them will be extremely dense. Working with older technology like Quake3 meshes is tough enough. Alot of game modelers do not concern themselves with how the final project fits together and most of the time objects will intersect inside each other or round surfaces will protrude from within and the like. This makes conversion a tad difficult as well.
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

4. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I posted a while ago that the 'primiatives' of the gummy ship would be a great project. from them a real world lego style parts bin could be made for children where they actually put together their gummy ships in paper:

5. framebuffer

framebuffer New Member

Yes you are right. And thanks to the others for the links. Do you know of a game from which we can extract characters that are good enough for papercraft?

6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

On an inspired whim I extracted a few models from American McGees Alice earlier today. Way too low poly as with most game models. If I decide to pursue the subject matter I'll have to model from scratch.
    It takes longer but the results are so much better.
  7. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I have some of the toys (i collect toys) from the american Mcgee game. Let me know if you need some pics and I can get them to you. :wink:
  8. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Send "everything" please!:twisted: (No hurry!)
  9. Wolfinlied

Wolfinlied Member

anyone care to tell me how to extract the files from my ps2 game?