A great gift

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:) Fred sent me this great backdrop building to use, and with the inspiration of his design and also the inspiration of Spitfires tractor plant here's what I did.
aml.jpg

amo.jpg

I cut out the section in the red square and used it for the upper office floors, the wall section went in where the cutout was to gain 2 more loading doors and removed the dock as the track will run right next to the building serviceing the 4 loading doors. I put in new widow glazing, added duct work, water tower, added a small tool shed to roof, vents and relocated his smoke stacks. And of course I had to repaint and weather. There were a couple of holes I couldn't get fill right so I covered them with jewel sets to act as security lights.

amm.jpg

Any way I added signs and it became a John Deere Plant. What do ya think? I believe it will make a fine addition to my next section of my layout. Thanks so much Fred (Dash 10) :unsure: Jim

Roof top
ams.jpg

Signs and office end
amp.jpg

amt.jpg

The Business end with Stacks and Water Tower
amv.jpg

And the last view of that long beautiful building
amu.jpg

Again thanks so much Fred,

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Excellent! Nice paint job and cool details with the pipes, water tower, signs, etc. I'd say you made a very neat looking unique structure for your layout! So, how many coils of steel can my layout's mill put you down for? :)
Ralph