A good day at Wonderfest

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by davelant, Jul 22, 2008.

1. davelant

davelant Member

The level of competition is very high at Wonderfest, and most of it is injection and resin kits.

so even a merit (the least of their awards) makes me happy.

Thanks, Ron. I would have put the designer's name on my entry form, but my brain seized up when I tried to remember your name. I told people they could get a dental mirror and look underneath for it!
  2. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Great to see some more paper modeling getting noticed at Wondefest! Congratulations!
  3. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

I'm speechless and flattered!

Thanks for building my Space Pod; you really did a fantastic job in building it! I hope you did not have any problems building it.

No problem trying to remember my name, I can't remember who I am half the time!

Congratulations and it is good to see more paper models in competitions.

Best Regards,
  4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

I've competed at Wonderfest and never walked away with anything more than a good time. The competition is tough, so KUDOS to you! Was there anyone cool at Wonderfest this year?
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Excellent! I won a bronze last year for my Cicada-class gunboat:

Congratulations, man! :thumb: I really wish I could have gone to the 'Fest this year, but I had a previous engagement.
  6. davelant

davelant Member

Bob Burns was there, along with one of his prized possessions, the remaining armature of the stop-motion King Kong model. Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood were on hand to discuss "2001" memories, as well as Linda Harrison from "Planet of the Apes." Rick Sternbach and Jay Chladek conducted space modeling seminars. The 501st division, mid-South uniformed Star Wars re-enactors were on hand. Numerous modeling technique seminars, and a Gundam make'n'take were held. A co-located, privately sponsored event featured figures that were too "blue" for the main show; this was called the "Naked Resin Attack." For a modeler, nothing matches the Iron Modeler, run by some guys from starshipmodeler.com. In this event, each team is given a kit (this year, an old Battlestar Galactica Cylon Basestar), a pile of greeblies, and 4 hours to turn it into something fantastic. One team made a tank, one an armored millipede, another a Star Trek style ship.

And all the modelers and vendors were cool.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Stop, stop, STOP! Don't say anymore! I'm depressed enough from missing WF as it is! wall1