A gentle reminder...

Nazgul

This is a post that I made last August......I thought that perhaps it would be a good time to "revisit" it.
I want to believe that all I, and the respondents, said before is still true (I believe it is, in all important ways). I would only add, that we (myself included) should be less concerned with the type of questions asked here and more concerned with the answers/comments that I/we give (and their consequences, both good and bad).

Thank you, my friends

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112125
I promise to never set foot on my soap box again!.................................until next time

91rioja

Steve, let me give you a hand stepping down off of the perch sign1 .

I would have to agree now, as I did then, that this is a place for the exchange of information. Remember that the dumbest question is the one not asked, and sometimes, we all have "senior moments" (for me, at least once a day :D ).

I will make a promise to all of The Gauge members; I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability, and every now and then, I'm going to ask something that you will all consider something that I should have known.

I've been here for a little over a year; I've asked all sorts of questions. The reason I am where I am today on my layout progress is because of the members. Thanks for listening and answering.

steamhead

Hear, hear...!!
As true then as it is today. We just need a little reminder now & then to keep the faith.

Thanks.:thumb:

doctorwayne

I missed that post the first time around, so thanks for bringing it up again. Very insightful and to the point, and the main reason that I enjoy so much being here.

Wayne

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
I agree with what you said, I think that it's cool that we can post info and pics from other countries and prototypes not just a select few- THANKS TO THE GAUGE moderators and members for being so friendly, I've only been here since January and I feel quite @ home!!

Cheers!!....

CRed

Gary S. said:
Perfect. Thank you for your thoughts. I love this place!

I love this place also,the people are very nice and helpful here without being condescending or rude.The moderators do their job,they moderate,they don't push their own agenda or go on power trips like I've seen on other forums I belong to.I would love to meet every single last person on here and have a beer with them:thumb:.

Chris

train1

I also missed the message last time around - I was too busy getting my foot outta my......mouth

Peace and Harmony Brothers !

spitfire

Hear hear! I have been on the Gauge for many years now, and through all the changes this is still the place I call home. This is where I come for support, for answers, and to share what I've learned with others. I've become friends with quite a few Gaugers in person too, and I can safely say that if not for all my good friends here, I probably wouldn't even have a layout in progress.

So thanks everyone! You're the greatest!!!!!

Val

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Since there is a shortage in the outside world of train lovers to be found and most of us live kilometers apart this is like one massive meeting hall!!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
CRed said:
.The moderators do their job,they moderate,they don't push their own agenda or go on power trips like I've seen on other forums I belong to.I would love to meet every single last person on here and have a beer with them:thumb:.

Chris

Thanks Chris.
As far as the beer...I don't drink...But I will share a two liter bottle of Diet Coke with you.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
I joined the Gauge almost six years ago when I (THOUGHT :rolleyes: ) I knew something about model railroading. I didn't realize just how special this place is until I visited a few of the other MRR sites. Like so many others here, when I open my email the first thing I do (after deleting the spam :curse: ) is check out the replies to the threads here. Bottom line, when it comes to model railroading or just talking to good folk, the Gauge is the only place.