A Gauge Exclusive! Atlas 2 Truck Shay

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
At the Big E train show in Springfield Mass. today, Atlas was there with their new N scale 2 truck Shay. The thing was awesome!
What made this a historical event was, it looked like they were taking display pics of it on Gauge member Bill Pontins modual. Wish I could of gotten closer but......

As a third person, it ran smooth, slow speed(as Bachmanns Ho 3 truck Shay). It was painted black with no markings. Made me almost want to convert back to N scale.
Naaaah......
Had you going...Didn't I Tyson.

Attachments

• shay1.jpg
    shay1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 452

Bill Pontin

Darn I got scooped by 88fan. :curse: What a beautiful job Atlas has done on this Shay steam loco. I felt pretty privileged they used my module for a photo op. Well at least I got better pictures than 88.

Attachments

• mvc-005s.jpg
    mvc-005s.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 430

Bill Pontin

another shot, little better on the detailing that Atlas put into this little beauty. Yes all the mechanism move, what a sight to see in motion.

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 432
Bill:
That is a great module! I think the folks at Atlas picked the best module at the show for that photo op. Nice pictures too.

Eric

jsolie

The good: Great pics and info on that Shay. I was wondering if the mechanism would work or if they were display only. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The bad: Now I'm gonna have to go and reserve one of these. Here's what I say to my kids: good grief, do you think money grows on ink jet printers?

The ugly: hmmm....won't go there :D :D :D

Did you get any idea when they'd be coming to market?

-- John

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Congratulations on getting your module chosen by Atlas to show the shay Bill.
Now I can hardly wait to get my shay

belg

Bill I hope the fee for letting them use your module for the photo op was at least one of those beauties.:D :thumb:

I'm okay. :) I'm under control...:rolleyes: I can wait...... :eek:ops:
No, I can't :cry: :cry: :curse:

Very great pics. This are the best one I've seen of this little loco.
It was hard to wait 3 month. But now it will be even harder to wait the last weeks until the postman rings on door with my shay :p

Thank's for the very nice pictures and I can't wait to see my one running.