A Fond Farewell

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
:wave: :wave: Today I leave Canada for the UK after having been here for 5 months.
All of them were not happy, due to the death of my dear friend Robin
The heart sore job of dismatling his layout and the distribution of his OH so many models ,which I hope have found homes that appreciate them, was a task I did not enjoy one bit
Robins Models are now scattered around the globe to those of you who have them ,treasure them
One possitive thing that came out of that was that I met so many of the Gauge members
Also I was fortunate enough to have been hosted in their homes,by two members of the Hamilton Live Steam Club Their kindness to me was in the true spirit of the Brotherhood of Live Steamers
So I leave with a heavy heart, only offset by the many Railroad minded people I have met and enjoyed their company

But I WILL RETURN :thumb: :thumb:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Jimmy,

Thanks for taking care of Robin's treasurers - I am sure it was both heartening and heart-breaking to send them out...

Looking forward to seeing you back again!

Andrew

GeorgeHO

May 3, 2005
Baltimore, MD
In this world there are many things which go to the scrap heap before anyone realizes that they are irreplaceable treasures - witness all of the former railroad rolling stock that we would all like to be able to see and enjoy today. What you have done is to place the treasures that Robin produced into the hands of those who can cherish them for what they are. We must all thank you for your kind acts. We will all miss Robin, but we can still view his work on the Gauge, and we can know that his structures still live on somewhere in this wrold. God Bless you.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Thanks jim, have a safe a good trip home, I am coming to england in may, and if it is posible to meet, I would like to, if you could pm me your phone no, and any other details we could arrange somthing.....have a good one steve

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Luck on the Trip.
wave.gif
wave.gif
wave.gif