A First For Me

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
Last evening I did something that would have never been possible just a few years and two layouts ago. Since our move to Texas I have been working on a new layout and took the plunge for DCC.
Last evening I ran four separate trains on two tracks simultaneously. I admit that it would have been easier with two controllers, but there I was operating four trains, matching speeds to keep them separate and enjoying watching them all operate at once and not crash, rear end, or otherwise destroy each other. Each one had at least 14 cars and two or three engines. WOW!
What a feat. No electrical blocks, no slowdowns, shorts, just pure joy thanks to DCC.
Thanks for letting me share the experience,
Doc

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
DCC definately has it's good points but I'm still old school. Mostly because I'm askairt of those new fangled contraptions. :eek:ops: If I want to run more than one train, the layout needs more than one set of tracks.

davidone

Jan 16, 2007
berraf said:
That´s a good expression :thumb:
"I´ll put it in my physical memory *LOL*"

Is that a good use of LOL?

It sure is and besides if something makes you smile, chuckle or laugh while reading it, then use it, no rules here.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1