A First For Me

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TexDoc, Jan 18, 2007.

1. TexDoc

TexDoc Member

Last evening I did something that would have never been possible just a few years and two layouts ago. Since our move to Texas I have been working on a new layout and took the plunge for DCC.
    Last evening I ran four separate trains on two tracks simultaneously. I admit that it would have been easier with two controllers, but there I was operating four trains, matching speeds to keep them separate and enjoying watching them all operate at once and not crash, rear end, or otherwise destroy each other. Each one had at least 14 cars and two or three engines. WOW!
    What a feat. No electrical blocks, no slowdowns, shorts, just pure joy thanks to DCC.
    Thanks for letting me share the experience,
  2. berraf

berraf Member

I share your joy and happiness :)
    DCC is just great, and a completly new experience.
    Good luck with your "new" hobby :)
  3. fifer

fifer Active Member

Doc , don't get too cocky there! It also allows you to have cornfield meets as well!!!
    Not that I would know :oops: .

4. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

It is fun isn't it!

5. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

DCC definately has it's good points but I'm still old school. Mostly because I'm askairt of those new fangled contraptions. :oops: If I want to run more than one train, the layout needs more than one set of tracks.
  6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Good for you!
  7. Bikerdad

Bikerdad Member

Ahhh, the hook is set.... now to reel the fish in slooooowwly...

COMBAT Member

DCC, play with your trains not with your track.... or something like that. LOL :)
  9. berraf

berraf Member

I´m not so familiar with the english language so I wonder what "LOL" means :)
    I suppose it´s something good...or?!?
  10. davidone

davidone New Member

beraff, LOL is shorthand for laughing out loud.

11. berraf

berraf Member

That´s a good expression :thumb:
    "I´ll put it in my physical memory *LOL*"

Is that a good use of LOL?
  12. davidone

davidone New Member

It sure is and besides if something makes you smile, chuckle or laugh while reading it, then use it, no rules here.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1