A few updates to my creation

65GASSER

I changed the culvert pipe setup and added some different sized rocks to the embankment. I just used some ties that I had laying around for the culvert. I think it looks a little better. I'm going to respray it tomorrow and hopefully get to airbrush it this weekend! :wave: The other pictures are just for fun. I'm diggin this! sign1

Attachments

• new4.JPG
    new4.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 294
  • new5.JPG
    new5.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 290
  • new2.JPG
    new2.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 289
  • new3.JPG
    new3.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 293

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Your right, the culvert does look better now:thumb: :thumb:

Nice pics of the engines too, they look AWSOME!! Keepit up :D :D :D

Pooh Bah
Neat. It took me a month to do a diorama.
next suggestion: take a sheet of foamboard and paint it blue and use it as a photo backdrop. Maybe a different shade of blue on the other side (stormy day vs bright sunshine?).

65GASSER

That was about 11 hours worth of work. I was thinking about buying a backdrop. I dunno yet though. Not sure I have the artistic skills to make my own. :eek:ops:

C

Catt

Jeremie,A basic backdrop is really quite simple.Like David said take a piece of foamboard and paint one side a nice looking (to your eyes) skyblue,then paint the otherside a rather grayish blue (for an overcast sky.

That should get you started,then take some white paint and drybrush some streaks here and there across the skyblue.Go easy with this till you get something that pleases you.Then you can get more elaborate if you want to.You can do the same thing to the other side using different shades of gray just remember to do it in moderation.

If you should by chance screw it up (been there done that :cry: ) just repaint with your base colour and try again.

65GASSER

Would the thick foam board like what I used for the base of this work? Its about 1 1/2 inchs thick. Man I may try this tomorrow!!! I could try airbrushing clouds and whatnot. I have alot of that thick foam left over. Awesome!!!!

Pooh Bah
Actally, I use the 1/4" thick stiff with cardboard on both sides. But the other stuff won't warp under the paint.
Pick a piece with no visible flaws.