A few trains I found...?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by jimvanson, Nov 26, 2006.

1. jimvanson

jimvanson New Member

I recently stumbled upon some trains rom when I was a kid...
    I have no further use for them, but would like to identifie them.
    So as I can either sell them accordingly or keep 'em for old time's sake...

If this is in the forum or it should be somewhere else, I'm sorry !
    And really I don't know anything about these , only that they've been in storage for the last 25 years...

Thanks for any info that you can give on model and/or value

I have a site were the pics are viewable: http://foto.telenet.be/6803664210
    This my provider where we can host pictures.

PS: the trains say TRIX - germany on the bottem and a few of the cars have Fleischmann on them. Maybe this helps...
  2. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The best I can say is that the trains are N scale. Trix and Fleischmann have a good reputation for studiness. They look to be models of European trains, so we may have a European expert who can identify them. What would help are ant idetifying numbers on them -- the locos may have a number on the side like 23 569. The passenger cars may have a cryptic code like BRF69g27z. Also any railroad initials (DB, SNCF,DR).
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge:wave: Nice stuff.

Without a close look at the markings, right off I'd say they're German or Dutch railways. The blue one is a B+B electric with pantographs. The green double ended one appears to be a C+C German diesel and the green steamer is a 4-6-2 Pacific type. The little 0-6-0 donkey type steamer is probably Bavarian railways. The diesel and electric could probably do $25-40 depending on the demand and market, the steamer could do $40-65 and the donkey $10-15. The cars are anyones guess but could go as high as $5-10. The problem is the market as there is little interest in European equipment stateside, a blessing for guys like me who can get them for much less here because of that. If you were to sell it on Ebay, I'd make sure it was clearly available to the European side of the ocean for a better price.
  4. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Notice how much it looks like an F or E unit? It's definitely an EMD export/licensed design - a NOHAB built in Sweden.
  5. jimvanson

jimvanson New Member

I didn't mention the fact that I also have 2 stations, a few houses end a house with working water mill,... are these still wanted?
  6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Based on the assessment(s) above, you may want to consider finding a display case for them (if you are the sentimental sort) or trying your luck with eBay (if you are an entrepreneurial sort) or even donating them to a local (kids) model railway club (if such a thing exists in your area).

7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

If they are assembled kits, any value would be on how well constructed they are. If they are ready builts , their value would be in condition and desirability. The building market is very strange at best and subject to the whims and fancies of available buyers.
  8. jimvanson

jimvanson New Member

I've done some more searching, and found some papers from the trains.
    The green one should be a SNCB-Diesellok 51-2019-00
    The blue one 51-2938-00 Ellok 184
    And the last one: 51-2044-00, 01 235

A fleischmann silver wagon 8121-8122
    trix green small wagon 120520
    trix brown small wagon 123141

And as stated before, a lot of already made and painted houses.
    A blister pack with some animals (intact)
    About 10- 15 N scale cars (vw, ...)
    Bridges, stations, ...

Maybe the numbers from the trains should mean more to you?
    Where should I go now?
    Sell them as a lot or each seperate?

Thanks again for the replies !!!!

9. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Great, paperwork is always good. Except for buildings, track (not including switches and crossings) and scenery, all rolling stock and engines should be sold separately. In the case of rolling stock, you may put 2-4 together for easier sales, but never specialty cars like articulated flats, cranes and such. Hope that helps, wish I could snag that 4-6-2...sigh...:thumb:
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Jim: are you living in Europe, by any chance? They will sell better there than in the USA.
    Do you have a hobby shop nearby? You could see what similar items sell for there. Unless one of the items is really sought after, you might get 50% of the shop price in a private sale.
    Maybe our European members will have a better idea.