a few photos from the Raleigh Train Show

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by screwysquirrel, Aug 4, 2003.

1. I took a BUNCH of pictures at the Raleigh train show.

there was a module at nearly every scale: O, S, 2 HO, Ntrak + oNe Trak on a combined module, and even a Lego trains modular layout.

A few of the more choice images will be posted here. I took over 100, but I'll limit myself to just a few
  2. HO HO HO!

this Amazing Waterfall module was on the 'Great Appalachian Railroad' modular layout run by the Greensboro modelers:

Attached Files:

3. More Modular HO

An underground passenger station in a busy city

Attached Files:

4. N-trak

The N-trak modular layout was quiter than I expected. Here the tail end of a long freight rounds a curve.. the NTrak is where the freight is going, to the right are oNeTrak modules

Attached Files:

5. LEGOs!!!

They may not be the most accurate models, but clearly they're having a load of fun here on the Lego Layout. Check that Double Helix!

Attached Files:

6. the NIFTYIEST

The niftiest thing I saw wasn't on a layout...it was this Drive-in, actually playing movies from a portable DVD player!

Attached Files:

7. belg

belg Member

SS like I said in the chat I saw that at the Dunham studios show in NYC and was also very impressed.
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Neat pictures, SS. Thanks for bringing part of the show to us!
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks for taking us with you SS
    That Lego is getting bigger, maybe a stepping stone for our future modlers.;)
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks for the tour SS. That Drive-In theater was made by Miller Engineering, aka Microstructures, and was available in HO and I believe O scale as well.
    I really like that Lego layout as well - it is too cool!

Attached Files:

11. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

What a great photo! The marquee is excellant! Where did you take it? I wonder if the marquee is avaialble seperately? I'm not crazy about the screen but the sign is great.

12. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Awesome photo your Baroness! :cool:
  13. Yep

Except for the fact this one said 'Now Playing: Titantic' it looks like the same drive in.
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Uh-oh - a little clarification is in order. I didn't take that photo - I got it from the Miller Engineering website back when they were still selling the kit. It's sold out now, so Gary I think you're out of luck.

15. well a modular layout near my house has a movie place but they scatch built it they got a small small TV and put it behind it it plays king cong :D very cool and they have a module with a WORKING lock for ships it pumps water in and out and the gates open and stuff i will get the link to there web site of it