a few photos from the Raleigh Train Show

I took a BUNCH of pictures at the Raleigh train show.

there was a module at nearly every scale: O, S, 2 HO, Ntrak + oNe Trak on a combined module, and even a Lego trains modular layout.

A few of the more choice images will be posted here. I took over 100, but I'll limit myself to just a few

HO HO HO!

this Amazing Waterfall module was on the 'Great Appalachian Railroad' modular layout run by the Greensboro modelers:

Attachments

• trainshow 035-sm.jpg
    trainshow 035-sm.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 152
N-trak

The N-trak modular layout was quiter than I expected. Here the tail end of a long freight rounds a curve.. the NTrak is where the freight is going, to the right are oNeTrak modules

Attachments

• trainshow 071-sm.jpg
    trainshow 071-sm.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 150
LEGOs!!!

They may not be the most accurate models, but clearly they're having a load of fun here on the Lego Layout. Check that Double Helix!

Attachments

• trainshow 089-sm.jpg
    trainshow 089-sm.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 142
the NIFTYIEST

The niftiest thing I saw wasn't on a layout...it was this Drive-in, actually playing movies from a portable DVD player!

Attachments

• trainshow 106-sm.jpg
    trainshow 106-sm.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 142

belg

SS like I said in the chat I saw that at the Dunham studios show in NYC and was also very impressed.

interurban

Thanks for taking us with you SS
That Lego is getting bigger, maybe a stepping stone for our future modlers.;)

spitfire

Thanks for the tour SS. That Drive-In theater was made by Miller Engineering, aka Microstructures, and was available in HO and I believe O scale as well.
I really like that Lego layout as well - it is too cool!

cheers
Val

Attachments

• starlite-front2.jpg
    starlite-front2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 111

Gary Pfeil

What a great photo! The marquee is excellant! Where did you take it? I wonder if the marquee is avaialble seperately? I'm not crazy about the screen but the sign is great.

Gary

spitfire

Uh-oh - a little clarification is in order. I didn't take that photo - I got it from the Miller Engineering website back when they were still selling the kit. It's sold out now, so Gary I think you're out of luck.

cheers
Val

well a modular layout near my house has a movie place but they scatch built it they got a small small TV and put it behind it it plays king cong :D very cool and they have a module with a WORKING lock for ships it pumps water in and out and the gates open and stuff i will get the link to there web site of it