A few of my other projects

Ray Marinaccio

? F7A phase II Regeared and remotored (VCR motor)

Attachments

• pc1851f7a.jpg
    pc1851f7a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 433
  • pc1851f7a.jpg
    pc1851f7a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 433

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Yes Ray!!!!!! The layout is looking good and I love seein' those black diesels!
Ralph

Ray Marinaccio

here's another, This was a Tyco C630, I chopped the nose and scratchbuilt the frame and trucks. The sideframes were cast in wax molds out of resin.(unpowered)

Attachments

• pcc630.jpg
    pcc630.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 410
  • pcc630.jpg
    pcc630.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 410

Ray Marinaccio

A Tyco gp20 (unpowered) I don't like to use the phrase "dummy" it's an insult to the locomotive.

Attachments

• crgp20.jpg
    crgp20.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 405
  • crgp20.jpg
    crgp20.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 405

Ray Marinaccio

This is a live steamer I've been building. Yes HO scale. It does run. I've ran it on 20 PSI of compressed air. i am having problems with the boiler though , can't get the fire to go through the flews.

Attachments

• livesteam.jpg
    livesteam.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 404
  • livesteam.jpg
    livesteam.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 404

cidchase

Hi Ray,
That HO steamer is the coolest thing yet!!
I have a small idea for draft induction: run a very small tube from the top of the boiler up into the stack. As soon as you start to build pressure, the venturi effect will draw air into the smokebox from the firebox.
How much steam would be wasted I don't know, but it could be effective, if it will fit. I believe venting the cylinder exhaust up the stack has this same effect in 1:1 scale! :) :)

Ray Marinaccio

That's an idea I'll have to expariment with. I put this project on the back burner thinking it was back to the drawing board with the boiler.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Lee Valley used to sell a toy boat with a "steam engine". It consists of a boiler and two pipes sticking out the back of the boat. A candle was placed under the rpimed boiler, and then the boat was set in the water. Once the boiler heated, the steam was expelled out the back, pushing the boat forward. The vacuum created would then draw more water into the boiler. The boat makes a great put-put sound.

I don't know how this might help you, but it is the smallest steam engine I have seen...

You might try their web site - www.leevalley.com . I did not find it, but sometimes their search engine works in mysterious ways.

Andrew

brakie

Hey Ray,Looking good! That old Tyco GP20 looks very good..One of the best make overs I seen in some time.COOL! :D

Ray Marinaccio

Hey , I saw one in action at a train show. I think if you put a loop of brass tube in the firebox with check valves on each end it may draw water from the bottom of the boiler and push steam out the other end to build presure in the boiler. that with the draft system to draw the heat and smoke through the flues may work. It could also work as a pump to fill the boiler from the tender.
Check these out Brakie.

Attachments

• athcogp.jpg
    athcogp.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 348
  • athcogp.jpg
    athcogp.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 348

Ray Marinaccio

This started out as an AHM GP-18, Regeared by replacing the double-start worm with a single-start worm giving it an 18/1 ratio.

Attachments

• ahmcogp.jpg
    ahmcogp.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 94
  • ahmcogp.jpg
    ahmcogp.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 94

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Ray

Great photos. Looks like your layout is off to a good start. It is nice to see Penn Central equipment. It brings back childhood memories and the fact that some one else also models the PC. Great going on your various locomotive projects also.

Ray Marinaccio

Glad to bring back some good memorie for you. Where abouts are you in Pa. ? I can remember the Pennsy (diesel era) , PC , CR and P&LE running around the Beaver Valley Pa. area. , Lots of RR action in that area.