A Few Little Scenes Along The Four Sisters Branch

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's a few little mini-scenes on my N scale switching layout...

Attachments

• mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 161

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Charlie,

Those are great shots did you use a digital camera?;)

Only I just bought one Olympus c-720 ultra zoom,
Prob is after installing a usb the darn software cant find it, more probs:mad:
I m all fired up to take some shots too:( :( :( :( :(

ANYWAY those are beuts.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks guys!
Chris,
I have a Sony Mavica FD73...it's not nearly as nice as the c-720, but it has that great 10x zoom, which is so nice for photographing N scale models.

btw, Jim, this batch is for you!...keep an eye out for it headed up your way! :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Charlie, Great Pictures:) I have the Sony FD 75. A friend told me about a trick with it the other day. Thought you might want to try it. It seems to improve the focus of close ups to even better than they are. Agree with you that the 10X optical zoom is great!:)

1. Zoom in on the subject as close as you can without the preview in the viewfinder going out of focus.

2. Press the shutter button half way down. You will hear the camera beep and a green dot will light up in the viewfinder. This has locked in the autofocus.

3. Keep the shutter button held half way down to keep the autofocus locked and zoom out slightly to frame the picture and then press the shutter button all the way down to to trip the shutter.

4. I discovered that you can work the shutter button with the index finger of the right hand and the zoom control with your thumb.

It appears to me that this does make a difference as the the aera in front of the subject and in back of the subject are both in focus as well as the subject. Take a look at the pic I posted in the thread called How Do You Keep It Clean....The subject...Shop Vac parts... were only about 6" from the camera lens

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
It's always a pleasure to see pics of the Four Sisters RR Charlie.
It's such a compact layout with such a realistic set of well built "scratched" industries on it. BTW, which industry took delivery of the drums of "shine"??? :D :D

Errol

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks to both you "Robber Barons"! :D
Nic,
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna give that a try!:)

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Sweet as a nut, Charlie.

Originally posted by Clerk
Charlie. Nice looking layout. I wish I had the strenght to lift barrels like that guy in the first picture.

Ya, that little plastic guy throws his back out and sues you, then you'll think it's cute! You won't be able to afford that new loco, and he'll be living high onthe hog inthe biggest little plastic house on the layout! Hey, it happens! Hopefully your era is early enough that they aren't thinkin that way yet.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats some real fine work Charlie, I love it.
Shamus
wink.gif