A few deals at the train show

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I found a few deals at the show Saturday, an Athearn GP50 for $5. The guy said it was broke. I had to snap the front worm housing back on, then I ran it the rest of the day on the club layout.
An Athearn SD9, again $5, Had to clean the wheels. can't complain about that.
An unpowered hobbyline RS3 kit in the original box for $2.
A duel drive Model Power RS11 for $1.
Five MDC ore cars $1 each.
A hand full of brass detail parts for $1 each.
A box of basket case N scale locos (about 6 of them) for $12.
We took a last walk through before we left and they were giving stuff away. I commented on a basket case Rivarrossi Pacific that I must have missed before and the guy handed it to me and said just take it.
I turned around to see my son holding a monogram Hudson, I asked what he paid for it and he said it was free. He has a way with cutting deals, like the SP Daylight set of an Athearn F7B two Athearn and one Con-Cor cars, like new, in the boxes, all with KDs for $10.
Was everyone at the swap meet feeling generous or was it because of the Gauge badge I was wearing.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow Ray, what a score!!!!!!! I've heard of people giving stuff away at yard sales but never at a train show. Perhaps there was a lack of adequate ventilation leading to a temporary loss of mental acuity! :D :D :D :D

Val

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
They ain't that generous here! Even the price of admission has tripled in the last few years. Next thing you know they will be charging you leave as well as get in:D :D :D

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I realy like the Baker valve gear on this model.
Can anyone tell me if this is a stock Rivarrossi assembly? It's different on one of my older versions.

Attachments

• mar23002.jpg
    mar23002.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 127