A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Edavillenut

Edavillenut Member

here i am in ex-Edaville #1 it is a GE locomotive. the loco is know owned by The Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      File size:
      61.6 KB
  2. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

I bet you were better looking when you were 5!
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Ewwww, I wondered when the rocks were gunna start flyin'! Nice shot!:D :D :D
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

OK, I can't go back to when I was 5 right now, but I did go back to 1985, so I could match YakkoWarner by posting a pic from the Philippines. That's me the handsome one on the right. The others are the Guapong Filipino Air Force, on their base on Magtan Isl, just off of Cebu. Good times.

Attached Files:

5. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Keep all the great pics coming!!! You guys are great...(Jon-monon---I won't be checking into ANY hotels until Spring!!!:D ;) )

My mother just e-mailed me this pic.It's 1969 and I'm 2 years old with my father's "just for fun" layout he put together for me. The "snow" is an old bed sheet!! The track is brass-sectional. The trees; dimestore variety, structures;(believe it or not mostly scratchbuilt from bass wood and balsa).
    The engine...A brand new (at the time) Rivarossi NYC Hudson #5405--HO scale.
    33 years later, I still have the engine and it still runs good!:)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Attached Files:

6. modeler photos

hi all,

While I post rarely, I do often visit the Gauge, especially the photo section, so am happy to associate a face to all those great railroad model photos that I have enjoyed.

By the way, anyone know how to run an electric train underwater....just made it through a hurricane here is south Louisiana, USA.....really alls well in New Orleans......no water in the train room.
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Re: modeler photos

Then you already know to skip over the jon-monon posts :D:D:D

Yes, isn't the talent awesome here?!?!?!

I think you have to insulate the rails :D:D:D

Good to hear you are OK. Sure looked bad on TV.
  8. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Attached Files:

9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Look out here comes the better than thou crowd with their button down shirts and ties !!! :D :D :D What's next tuxedos and top hats???? :eek: :D
  10. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Nope Tyson let's go to the other side of the tracks, fence and all the way to the other side of town:D
    I was'nt going to do this to myself but jon did so what the heck. hehe.

I thought I'd take the tarp of my ol' caboose 2831 for a poser shot. Looks like I need to put the tarp on my head:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Kewl! Always wanted to see that baby, uh, the caboose that is. :D :D :D
  12. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Darn. I was thinking of renting a tux this weekend so I could submit a picture here.
    But there's no way I can top T's caboose. Man. If I had one of those, I'd hardly ever be in the house.
    Bill S
  13. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Hah guy's it's just a caboose...WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING...JUST A CABOOSE:D Actually what it is, is a mess.

Come on Bill take the plunge it'll be ok. ;) :D
  14. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Neat caboose! :cool:
  15. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

I shouldn't say this. You're all gonna kill me. (Particularly since I haven't put my picture on here yet --- it's not that I haven't the guts, it's that I still can't get my pix from the camera to the computer without bothering a friend at his work who can transfer from my SmartMedia card to a CD for me )..... but.....

.....observing the mug shots on this thread does begin to explain why there aren't a whole lot of women dying to get into model railroading.

Bill S
  16. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Very well siraaaah! I chalange yew to a dewell. Dawn, Pistols yew chews the locale! I will have you know that I have had swooning women whenever and wherever I have chosen to display my "train."
  17. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

OK,OK,it's not at my layout but my other interest is hiking so heres one of the wife and me with the dog, resting after a steep climb to the top of Mount Carlton in New Brunswick.

Attached Files:

• mt1.jpg
      File size:
      51.8 KB
  18. interurban

interurban Active Member

Well here we are at the Whitby show Durham ontario doing a Traction pole making clinic. I am on the left my mate Glenn has the Pop eye beard.

Attached Files:

19. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Ah but, Yakko, were you a REAL gentleman, you'd know that I, as the one challenged, have the right to choose weapons. (But then, since you live in Orange County, I should make allowances.....)

I choose Walther's Goo at 2 paces.

Bill S
  20. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

OK, you asked for it...don't cry to me if this one cracks a few monitors! :D
    Here's a great big redneck with his tiny little layout...I'm laughing here, because it's just occured to me that I take up more square footage than my N scale layout! :D

Attached Files: