A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. shaywen

shaywen Member

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! :D

Yes, the picture should be back now, Ron. My server was having a momentary crisis, and you just happened to look at the wrong time!

2. shaywen

shaywen Member

Thanks for the complements Ron! I have to give credit where it's due: the layout belongs to Lightbender (go back 15 posts to see him!) and is a group effort by a bunch of Hairy Otters. I am a fairly recent arrival on the scene, and have added a few things, such as the portal in this photo...

3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge Shaywen! Wow another woman AND another Canadian! Whereabouts are you from?

Oh and very nice layout too!

4. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

Hello Ron,

I still don't believe my good fortune. When Shaywen first saw the layout and suggested she could build a portal I said "sure". I think that was the cleverest move I have made on this layout.

The good part is she made these portals, yup, the stone and the brick one, from extruded pink foam. She just removed the bits that didn't look like a portal and painted it. Haha.

I think it would be great if we can get her to post a picture progression showing a portal being made from the foam plank to the finished model. I think it would make a great tutorial thread. I also would enjoy it because all I have seen is the pink plank going away and a gorgeous portal coming back and of course I do have just the right spot to put a new portal.

It's OK to feel envious guys.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

A BIG Welcome to the new members, nice to see some more Gals in here as well. Hmmm, must get a shave and haircut me thinks.
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Paul, dont do that :) we won't recognize you when you come into "chat" :D :D :D :D :D
  7. N Gauger

Very nice Picture :) :) Welcome aboard!! :) :)
  8. shaywen

shaywen Member

Thanks again for the welcome, Gaugers. Val, as you can probably see under my avatar now, I'm in BC, not too far from Lightbender and his terrific train room. I'm not just another female Canadian modeller, but also another Val, sort of.

With his post, Tony has successfully motivated me to produce a couple more promised portals this week, complete with progress pictures, which I'll make available soon.

See ya 'round...

shaywen AKA Valaria
  9. N Gauger

Just saw that My Mug Shot was missing... Here it is again :)

Attached Files:

10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

With a hey nonny-nonny and a fa-la-la - it's off to the Renn fair we go!

:D Val
  11. N Gauger

ROFL :D :D :D :D :D
  12. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

Shaywen - that is one nice looking scene.
    Mikey - fine looking costumes.

Just got back from the Plano Train Show - what a great turnout (NPI). Didn't see any Gaugers, but couldn't stay very long.

Now if only we could have Train Shows and Renn Faires together. What a hoot that would be!
  13. pttom

pttom Member

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      File size:
      16.7 KB
  14. fifer

fifer Active Member

Here's Mine

This Picture was taken in Durango Colorado in the roundhouse about 8 months ago.
    They had an open house going on , and for those who have not seen this parlor car , it is the spitting image of the one in the TV show The Wild Wild West.

Attached Files:

• mike.jpg
      File size:
      22.4 KB
  15. N Gauger

The Unofficial Member's Photos page now has links to ID badges!! The link is at the top of the page :) :)
  16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That's great Mikey. Thanks so much for taking the time to set this up!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

17. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Well, I guess I better sign in as well, here is one of my wife and I last month at a Hawaiian party.

Attached Files:

18. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

Haloha and Gooooo Blue Jays!

And Mikey, thanks for setting up the badges.
  19. brakie

brakie Active Member

I kinda look like this.

Attached Files:

20. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

I don't believe my parents, throwing a Hawaiian party, in January 200 KMs north of Toronto. It was -25C that day.