A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. absnut

absnut Member

Same here, Ron. I was notified at least 6 times about Wayne's posting.... consecutively. But, I did get his picture fine.

2. NScale

NScale Member

Sorry, I don't know what it is. But the picture I meant to post didn't post. Forgot I had that picture. Everything works fine to me. I see mine and everyones avatar and I see mine and all other pictures. I'll try another picture and maybe the one I meant to post will work.
    Maybe one of the Mods. can delete that post.

But the 'confused' and 'smile' doesn't show to me either.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :) :) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused:

Attached Files:

3. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

I too....got the 6 notices last night, but I could see Waynes pic.

But I didn't get the notice for Ron's post until this morning even tho it lookslike he posted first.. :confused: ....sounds like a flipped bit to me! :)

smile and confused show up OK too..tho the black '???' are hard to see against the blue background on the confused

EDIT: confused showed in preview but not anymore..the dreaded X...I still think it's a flipped bit on the server and will magically 'heal' itself, probably with help from Dave. :D
  4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I got the mug shot the first time too. ???
  5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

There's been quite a bunch of very active new members on The Gauge in the last few months. That's why I dug out this thread once more again.

A face behind the name - hey guys and gals, why not show yours? :wave: :wave: :wave:

6. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

My turn!

Well not that active posting but very active reading and learning, there's a lot of tallented people in this forums and I've learned a lot since a started to visit it. I could be grandson to some of the posters here, and, in all honesty, I would love to :)

Attached Files:

7. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

It's a terrible picture captured from a web cam but it's the best I can do right now
  8. pennsysdaddy

pennsysdaddy New Member

9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Re: Where do YOU haunt?

Neither One.. :( I'm on the NE Corridor near Chester. I'm watching the Acelas now :) :) :) But I really miss the GG-1s :( :( My winter Haunt is teh RR Museum of PA - where I volunteer every Saturday.

Are you going to the GATS show in Vally Forge this weekend?? I'm going Sunday. :)
  10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thanks for the recent postings of your photos Nelson and Tony. Now Nelson , are your sure about being a grandson of one of us old fogies?:eek: :eek: :eek:
  11. shaywen

shaywen Member

This is me just last week. I was taking some new progress pictures and got caught in the mirror...

12. pennsysdaddy

pennsysdaddy New Member

Mike, I am planning (possibly) to get to the show late on Sunday, wouldn't want to miss it. I live about 5 miles from there, so the distance is not a stretch for me, but the day is, this trip . Planning to attend the Timonium meet the 23rd, can't miss that one. Did you mean that your're a volunteer at PRR Museum at Strasburg? Is that what you are refering to by "Tec?" Or The Reading Tech/Historical Society, up in Leesport? You lost me here.

13. N Gauger

Yeah, The RR Museum at Strasburg.. The "Teh" is just my lousey typing :D I work on the G Gauge Layout there. We're planning to be at GATS when it opens & it usually takes about 2 hours to go through it, so I may miss you. I'll try to remember to wear my Gauge ID Badge. :) Hope to see ya there!! :) Happy Hunting!

14. pennsysdaddy

pennsysdaddy New Member

Mike, that's cool. I go up to Strasburg about every week, that's where I died once, and went to heaven. Know every inch of the place. Have since back in 1970, when the engines were only lined up over in the field where the museum sits today. My favorite haunt is the Trainshop, just up the street. I've put all of the clerks kids through college, at least twice by now. I'll have to get into the museum on day, to gab. You'll have to let me know a definate day...we'll do lunch, you can even buy. See, I'm easy going.

15. N Gauger

Re: Whenever

LOl No, I stay there for lunch :) But I'm on duty from 1 - 4 Pm every Saturday (Except this weekend) until the 3rd week of March :) Come on down!! :) :) If we're not busy - I can take you through a session on the layout :D :D :D
  16. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge shaywen
    Thanks for posting your mirror reflection and layout
  17. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Hey! Another female on the Gauge. That is wonderful and they all do great work.:thumb: :thumb:
  18. pennsysdaddy

pennsysdaddy New Member

Clear track

Mike, that's a green light on the main on a Saturday visit, probably last one this month, I'll get back to when I know what day. In the meantime come and check out my yahoo group, it's open for membership, and it's free. Plenty of fine N-Trak, HO, and some O photos to see too. Thanks, n See ya'.

19. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Welcome shaywen on The Gauge! One more woman to prove that model railroading is NOT exclusively a man's hobby! :thumb:

However, I can't see your picture - only have that 'broken image' symbol. Am I the only one? (After all, Switzerland is quite far away from Canada... :D)

20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey, what happened??? :confused:

I post my complaint about not seeing shaywen's pic, go back - and presto, there you are! It looks like the electrons found their way to Europe, finally! :D

Your layout looks good - love that tunnel portal! And obviously this mirror is just in the right spot. :) :) :)