A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

The one in black must be a lucky guy.

2. jawatkins

jawatkins Member

Mrs. Mac-

Welcome to The Gauge - this is a fun group of people.
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

That is beautiful. Lucky guy and gal.

Welcome to the Gauge.
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge Mrs. Mac. I see your "train" in the photo but what about your other train???

5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Only You would think of that Val.. :) :D :)

Welcome to The Gauge - Mrs. Mac!! :) :) :)
  6. Mrs.Mac

Mrs.Mac Member

He is a lucky guy. He has the downstairs game room for his layout.

My trains are actually in the picture. The layout is in the living room just to the right of the bay window on the opposite wall.

I'm working on a new layout now, so I'll get some pics up soon. I've taken them as the brenchwork progresses, just haven't gotten them off the camera and onto the computer yet.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll be around fairly often. And I'll try to get those pics up next time.

"See" ya!

Oh, here is a pic of the roundhouse on the old layout.

Attached Files:

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Welcome to the-gauge Mrs Mac, does Mr. Mac like trains too? Do come back and post more!
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge Mrs.Mac
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Welcome to the Gauge Mrs. Mac.
    Hope to see more of both yours and Mr. Mac's layout.
    Stop by the chat some nite, both of you are invited.
  10. rguyett

rguyett Member

well looks like everybody has posted thier pics so i feel left out so here's one of my son and I working on the beginning of the layout

Attached Files:

11. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Welcome to the Gauge Mrs Mac and rguyett, it's always good to ' put a face to the name', I guess that's why someone started this thread!

Hope to see allot more of your pictures.

12. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Mrs. and Mr. Mac! Are you from Van Buren County Michigan?? Are we neighbors? I'm near Lawrence. :D

Welcome to the forum!
  13. Mrs.Mac

Mrs.Mac Member

I'm from Van Buren Twsp. It's east of Ann Arbor, so I don't think we're all that close. It's SE MI. About 45 minutes west of Detroit.
  14. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Ahhh....never heard of Van Buren Twp... I grew up in Plymouth and Birmingham, still have family there and my daughter lives in Ann Arbor..

..I escaped Metro Detroit LOL 25 years ago!! :D
  15. Mrs.Mac

Mrs.Mac Member

Alright, you asked for it. Here are a couple pic of my current layout. It's a WIP. I was able to lay the lower loop of track last night. Yeah!!! My GGI and my War Baby were the first to experience the 12 x 4 layout. The War Baby showed off her smoking ability at full power. It was nice to finally have a reliable, smooth track layout.

So, the first one is the layout of the glue drying. ;)

Attached Files:

16. Mrs.Mac

Mrs.Mac Member

Next is me hard at work screwing on the legs.

Oh, and yes, the safest place in the house in under the layout. :D

Holy construction Batman!! The table is constructed with 2x4s in all directions and the legs are all braced together. I'll eventually have some display shelving in the front on the left and right and an covered access are in the front center. Underneath will be storage for my many odds and ends as well as empty boxes.

Hope you like it.

I'll be getting more pics this weekend. (3 day weekend) and I'll post those in a seperate thread.

Bye for now.

Attached Files:

17. jawatkins

jawatkins Member

Welcome to The-Gauge Mr and Mrs Mac!

Nice size layout, good solid benchwork, and there can never be too much storage room.

Had to look twice at the picture - at first glance looked like dinner for 12 - then realized those 'plates' are weights!
  18. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

Arrrrggghhh! Sorry, the previous post from me. This crazy machine can't see the dummy at the keyboard and thought i was Judy.
  19. belg

belg Member

Mrs Mac, I think its coming along very nicely, I,m wondering if this will be the final resting place for your layout wouldn't be better to perhaps cut the corner so it does not come past what looks like the doorway? And is that the quit smoking path on your arm? Good for you if it is!
  20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Sorry Wayne, but all your picture does to my computer, is that it shows the symbol with the torn pic. Can't see your photograph at all. :eek: :eek: :( :( (BTW: I can't see your avatar, either).

Now I wonder - is it mine, or could it be your PC which is acting up? I hope your mug shot is not THAT terrible! :D :D

Funny thing - I just realized that the gauge mailer sent me the notice about your posting no less than six times in five minutes. Perhaps the Gauge server got some sort of a hiccup? Also the smiley for 'confused' doesn't show anymore on my PC!!! :confused:

Has anybody had the same experience? Could this be a case for Dave Hagan?