A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Why not just take the photos and add them to the members profiles and leave this thread running asis? That way if you want to see what someone looks like all you have to do is look them up under the members banner at the top of the page.

Just my 2 cents worth:p
  2. O.k., here's me, get your dart guns, water pistols, etc., out...blah, blah, blah.

3. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Do you live somewhere in the area that used to be the domain of the Route of the Eagles?

4. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

As the "starter" of this thread, I have no problem with Bill's idea. Kind of a "rouge's gallery". That would be cool. But for those who like to read all the "yikkity-yak" we could start a "Face behind the name II" thread and add the pics to the gallery as they are posted.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  5. Hi Bob - Yes, I do. I live in Benton, Arkansas which is on the former MOPAC double-track mainline (now UP). I'm modelling this area and the interchange MOPAC had with the local 14-mile shortline (Bauxite & Northern) at Bauxite Junction.

6. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I found a simple solution to that problem: Collect them yourself! I made a "reference picture collection" of Gauge members for me.

I copied the pictures of all the members (right click on picture, then "Save as...") into a special folder on my harddisk. As a file name I simply use the member's name. (BTW: The pop-up window often shows "attachment.php" as a proposal for the file name. Just overwrite it and add the extension "jpg" instead of "php". Dunno what php means, but my computer accepts the graphics as jpg-file without problem :) )

When 'gauging around', open that member directory with the Explorer in the background. And when you want to see how somebody looks just change the window [ALT-TAB] and open [doubleclick] that file. Presto: Gauge member visualized!

So far I have about 50 members in that list, and it only takes away some 2 MB on my harddisk - really no problem with our Gigabyte-platters today! :D

7. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Great idea Ron!!!:D :cool: :D :cool:
    I'll might just have to do that myself!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

OK, this thread started before I even decided I really wanted to be the boss of an N scale railroad. So far those LPB's are easier to control than some of the other people that we've had working for us before we retired, so I guess it's OK.

Just be careful when you view this, it might screw you up for the rest of the day.:p To make it a bit easier to take, I've included my wife Peggy so it won't be such a shock to your senses.:eek:

This is us at the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago. :)

Don "ezdays" Day

Attached Files:

9. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I just completed the collection. There are 76 photos including several folks that have additional photos in the collections. It is a bit mor that 3 mb. But it is an easy way to collect the photos. And in my image software they are already in thumbnails in the file.
  10. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Any of hte newer folks have a piccy to post here?
  11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Well, first it was that I didn't have a digital camera. Then it was that I didn't have a layout. And then it was that I didn't have anyone to snap a photo for me! Wow - excuses, excuses. So now, I have finally taken the time to figure the shutter delay and here's a shot with a layout and everything! Woooo hoooo!

:D Val

Attached Files:

• me5.jpg
      File size:
      26.7 KB
  12. Strthoky

Strthoky Member

well I don't have any good pics of me and my trains... and my digital camera has a dead battery... grrr less than a month old.. ya think the batteries would last I only took 1300 pictures with it so far :)

Names and other important info concealed for national security :D :D

Attached Files:

13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Fantastic Val! And good to see your happy face!!! I thot we saw a sneak preview several months ago in an engineers hat? :)

And you too Strthoky! A fine man serving his country!
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That you did Jon - and it was to this very NMRA convention just passed that i was going to wear it too!
    Refreshingly, there was no one in a red vest with a million badges all over it. (Lots of suspenders though!)
    :D Val
  15. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Val, as a testament to your modeling, I was fooled. When I saw your picture, I assumed you were on a high building with a landscape behind you. It wasn't till I slowed down and read your message and looked closer that it was your layout. Kudos to some convincing model work.

Greg Elems
  16. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

You're right, Greg! If you don't pay any mind to the underside of the benchwork, it looks just like she's standing on a roof or raised deck with the city behind her...

Nice work, Val!
  17. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Here I am standing next to my layout. If it looks very large it is because I am very small and it must be the angle of the camera too:D :cool:

Attached Files:

18. Blake

Blake Member

Here is me and my cat Max.

Attached Files:

• cat2.jpg
      File size:
      45.6 KB
  19. bpate

bpate Member

Nice so see what you all look like.

Here's one of my wife Karen and me on the Yarra river in Melbourne.

Attached Files:

20. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Good to see everyone!

Blake, that's a heck of a big cat, and I didn't know you were old enough to have long grey wiskers.:D :D :D