A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Keep on lurkin' Justin, keep the dream alive, until you can get back to your trains...

Shamus, that mug shot is Dale from King of the Hill, you should watch it if you get it in UK, very good and authentic documentary on Texan behavior. They really do act like that! Any Texans out there?

King of the Hill

Have you got a UK equivalent?
  2. Gardenrrguy

Gardenrrguy Member

Oh MAN! My wife got in here and posted that pic. Can't say it is all that far off though?
  3. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

I want to sell model trains and model train accessories.

4. Gardenrrguy

Gardenrrguy Member

Ah, Yep.

Attached Files:

5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

My wife just caught me when I was fiddling around on an old MDC Roundhouse tender. She says that this pic was 'railroady' enough to show on The Gauge! :D

Attached Files:

6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

That's a good photo Ron. Nice to see you busy with this great hobby.
  7. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

As there have been so many new members of the family, I thought some of you may want to add your mug shots to the "Gauge Family Album". hence the reason for bringing this back to the top!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  8. some of u are cheaters. u put ur head in a pic of ur layout so most people wont payattendtion to u. like me im drooling over layouts not even lookin at u lol cheaters!!!!!
  9. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

I finally managed to get a shot of my mug that didn't break the camera:p.
    This was taken last year at one of the local train shows.

Attached Files:

10. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Well, I might as well put my mug here. When you are behind the camera, there aren't many to choose from. My wife took this at the Grass Valley Air Show.

Greg Elems

Attached Files:

• gte.jpg
      File size:
      17.6 KB
  11. Matthyro

Great to see what you look like Greg and Terry. Thanks to Matt for rekindling the interest here.
  12. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

No problem Robin!:D Now, thought I'de post a picture of me and my family taken this past fall (less any railroady stuff)....

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

Attached Files:

13. CSX6638

CSX6638 Member

I just took this of this old guy. hope it dos'nt crash the forum

Attached Files:

14. jjqgenesis

jjqgenesis Member

I have "lurked" for some time and only recently begun to post questions to the group. Some of you I have had contact with from the e-mail exchanging of passes to my old layout the Amber Shea & Western RR.
    Nice to see the faces behind the names.
    This is me working on new layout in new home.
    Just another one of the "old guys".

Attached Files:

15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Your handle jjqgegensis always stirred my memory somewhat - but I simply forgot to look in my list of e-rail passes. However, when you mentioned your Amber, Shea & Western RR, the pieces fell into place. After all, your pass was one of the first I ever received!

Happy to see you here on the Gauge. :) Your layout looks great - could you post a few pictures of the AS&W? :cool:

PS: And Matt, thanks for reactivating this thread. As its title says: It's always nice to see a face behind a name!
  16. Matthyro

Hi John , nice to see you here at the Gauge. I remember trading e-passes with you years ago. Still sailing?
    CSX6638 Nice background to your photo. No fear of crashing the Gauge with your photo as many of us would have done that when we posted our mugs.
  17. jjqgenesis

jjqgenesis Member

The AS&W RR web page remains up even though I had to dismantle when preparing home for sale.
    I keep it up because of the interest it generates in e-pass exchanges. I have given out 121 E-passes and received 93 in return. I enjoy this part of the hooby.
    Expect to set up a web site soon for the new layout under construction. Berryville & Summit Pt.Ry.

Yes, still sailing but not as frequently. Have attached photo of last time out on water (last year) See how happy I am? :D
    Hoping to go out Saturday and do the Anchor Down Race from Anacapa Island back to the coast between Ventura and Channel Islands Harbor. Time to get to boat 2 1/2 hrs. To return late in day closer to 5 hrs.
    If you are wondering how you run an anchor down race, go here for instructions.

Sorry about off topic.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Attached Files:

18. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

I think its about time I showed my mug. This photo was taken in June of 1995, about the only change is that there is less hair.

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
  19. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

This thread is getting so long and laborious to look through, someone should collect all the photos and eliminate all the yikkity-yak except the names. It would be a handy "sticky" to reference once in a while.

Bill S
  20. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Me likes it just the way it is. I love seeing what folks look like and to "hear" what they have to say about themselves and their interests in model railroading.

I vote for the status quo, which I don't do very often:D :D