A face behind the name

Discussion in 'ID Badges, E-passes and Faces Behind The Names' started by Matt Probst, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Steam Donkey

Steam Donkey Member

Well, here I am (I would be the taller uglier mug in the back), the wee one is my wife, Jill. This is the only digital photo I have, it was taken last week around Vancouver, BC on one of our geocaching trips. It’s not as woodsy a shot as Jon’s is, but I think it comes close!

Attached Files:

2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Nice photo Steam Donkey.
    Geocatching hasn't caught up here as much as I expected it to be. Fun stuff but only a few interested parties.
    How do you like it?
  3. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

What is it??

4. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Geocaching?...Something for people to do with GPS units that really don't have a need for them? LOL ;) I think it was created by the manufacturers of GPS units. Sounds like fun tho, I've played with them and they are neat.
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

Ok the ol furrball will post his own pic way down here .

Notice there is a layout in the picture.:D :D :D :D :D
  6. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Yeah too...

I'm really liking the look of your layout SLUSSERS. I hope you post some pics of it. I'm working in the same space and concept.

Hope to catch you else where with your progress.

With that, we now turn the post back over to the regularly scheduled pictures.

Thank you~
    The Management

7. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Hey jon....
    Look what I found.
    Is that you....

Attached Files:

8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Good to see your new picture Catt, especially with the layout
  9. Steam Donkey

Steam Donkey Member

Great photo, Catt!....wish I had a layout to show :(

aartwmich: I think you may be right, but what the heck, it is fun!

Bob: Geocaching is kinda like a high tech hide and go seek treasure hunt using a GPS (Global Positioning System) people hide trinkets anywhere around the world, note the longitude and latitude on the Geocaching website, and others go find it! It's a good excuse to get outside. Maybe somebody will start noting locations of interesting backcountry railroad sites like bridges, tunnels...or old steam donkeys! :D http://www.geocaching.com/

Matthyro: Love it! It's getting more popular out here all the time. My buddy has actually had a chance to geocach in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia...what an adventure!

10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

I knew somebody had a camera that could withstand the shock, but it didn't take the highest quality picture.
    This is the only one I could find, so it will have to do.

Attached Files:

• pete.jpg
      File size:
      77.7 KB
  11. Jim T

Jim T Member

Well I'll give attaching a pic a try. It's my first. I'm on the left, my son on the right, and his friend in the middle.

Attached Files:

12. Bob Collins

Welcome to the Gauge. Please tell us a little about yourself, what gauge you are modeling, era, etc, and while your doing that please identify the fish:D :D It's sort of hard to tell, but it looks like a sturgeon:confused: :confused:

13. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

Good to see another person register from Oregon! Do you model the Port of Tillamook Bay? I believe that black and white engine that they have moooves me the most! Welcome to The-Gauge.

Looks like we are supposed to post a picture of ourselves with our layout.... I'll have to look back in the thread to see when this rule changed.

Look! I think I found one! :eek:

Attached Files:

14. Jim T

Jim T Member

Bob and Upguy tnx for the nice welcome.

Bob you are correct about the fish being sturgeon. We fish in the lower Columbia River several miles up from where it empties into the Pacific Ocean. That was my best day sturgeon fishing ever, we caught those in 1 1/2 hr. of fishing. They tasted great, they're my favorite fish to eat.

Upguy nice layout pic as well as a nice webpage. I know Canyon City well. We were through there last summer on a motorcycle ride. We were working our way from LaGrande to Prineville, the back way, via Paulina. Beautiful country over there, we always like riding over east of the Cascades.

I'm just getting started in Model Railroading. My 6yr. old grandson is really into trains so thought it was a timely thing to do. I'm starting out building the 4 X 8 layout from the book "From Set to Scenery. Track is laid and I'm running trains (dcc). I've got the mountain and tunnels built and am getting ready to landscape that. Already planning an addition or a whole new layout. This stuff is addicting!! LOL Bought a digital camera the other day but need to upgrade my computer before I can upload any pictures.

Cheers, Jim
  15. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

It doesn't take much imagination to know why Eastern Oregon is a lot nicer to ride motorcycles in than Western Oregon! Next time you come through the area give me a call. Brown knows me well. In fact, I am one! :D
  16. Bob Collins

Does Brown refer to UPS? I ran into one in Turkey a couple of months ago. Said "hi Brown" to him and his face lit up like I was his long lost brother. Really funny.

17. Mike R

Mike R Member

Trying again. With son-in-law Danny at Brampton train show last October.
    regards / Mike Robertson:cool:

Attached Files:

18. Gardenrrguy

Gardenrrguy Member

Attached Files:

19. justind

justind Member

my mug

Don't post often anymore as my trains got put on hold by school/work/family, but I do lurk from time to time.

Attached Files:

• me1.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
  20. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Talk about a Rogues gallery, geewizz I hope the FED’s stay out of the gauge :D