a diorama finished

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
hi guys i been working really hard on this diorama for this new part of modelrailroad enjoy:D bounce7 i still need to improve in model railroading..well im only 12sign1 hmm my pics are to big any1 know how to make em smaller

stooges8

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
got it this time

i think i got it this time..there kinda small tho oh well have to get the others later:rolleyes:

Attachments

• my diorama 001.jpg
    my diorama 001.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 279
  • my diorama 003.jpg
    my diorama 003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 284
  • my diorama 005.jpg
    my diorama 005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 280
  • my diorama 008 jpg.jpg
    my diorama 008 jpg.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 278

Jules Winnfield

Mar 23, 2006
No matter how good you get...you will always think Hmmm,I need to do better!
Ask Dr.Wayne I bet he still says that to himself LOL!!!
The diarama is really sweet! I would be proud to have it on my layout! NICE

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Looks good so far.:thumb:

A lesson that I learned the hard way..Never become your own worst critic,If you allow that to happen like I did nothing you do will please you regardless how good it is...:(

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice work on your diorama, joesho. I look forward to seeing more pictures of it. Thanks, Jules, for the compliment, but you're right: the more neat stuff that I see posted here, the more I realize that I have to keep doing better just to keep up with everyone else.

Wayne

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
brakie said:
Looks good so far.:thumb:

A lesson that I learned the hard way..Never become your own worst critic,If you allow that to happen like I did nothing you do will please you regardless how good it is...:(

I'm still my worst critic, I'm never totally pleased with any of my project outcomes, but I use it to my advantage. It creates that extra drive to improve for the next project. I'll always see or know about any imperfections or cheats that I made regardless of what other viewers see, and even if they oooh and ahhhh, I'll still know about it in the back of my head.

But, if I were to worry about it too much then it's no longer a hobby to me, so...the heck with the rivet counters, especially me.:D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hi Joesho. It looks pretty godd from here.
When I was 12, I had little spending money and lots of time. You can strech the money to fill the time by looking at some of the older techniques that used checp materials (paper, cardboard). If you have artistic abilities (I never did) you can exploit those. One early modeller made a bridge that was flat but painted the stone work so well that you had to touch it to believe it.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge, Joe. Beautiful work! If you want to see what can be done on a budget, go to the Academy and check out "Robin At His Best." All of his structures were made out of cardboard and cereal boxes!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Lookin' good Joe! I like all of the details in the junk yard scene and those signs on the buildings. As for being one's own worst critic I can relate...I've finally broken myself of the habit of pointing out my layout's imperfections to guests before they see them themselves! (which, of course, they wouldn't have noticed had I not pointed them out in the first place!!!) :)
Ralph

L

lester perry

I love it. It looks great, has a realistic look a lot of people never get, some people model something and it looks like a model. Keep with it.
Les